I'm at a crossroadsGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-11-12 21:31:31
  1. b53klz

b53klz New Member

Seeking help from people who've had experience with the Dinc. I'm new to the android world as I got my smartphone in June. I bought the casio commando and I absolutely despise this device. I have it rooted and de-bloated and it still runs sluggish, freezes often, and force closes frequently. I have been looking at Dinc's on ebay and would just like some feedback on the life of the handset and your opinion on switching up. Thank you

Advertisement
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

The Dinc is a solid device, but its nearing its "end-of-life". if you your just looking for a smart phone to do a little surfing, e-mail, and use mostly as a phone you can probably get a good 1-2 years out of it.

keep in mind cell phone batteries lose between 30-50% of they capacity in 2 years. But if you can find one cheap, its still a nice little device.
  3. nvrfgt343

nvrfgt343 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've had my Incredible for nearly two years now and it still does everything I need it to do. I never wanted a gigantic screen, and really like the form factor of it.

If you're going to get one on eBay, make sure it didn't get bricked by the crappy VZW software update.
  4. zapjb

zapjb Well-Known Member

Just to follow up on Dinc batteries. New OEM batteries on eBay can be had ~$5 otd on eBay. Choose seller wisely though.