I'm browsing internet AND on phone WITHOUT WiFi!!!General

Last Updated:

1. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I noticed yesterday that I was able to be on the internet AND on the phone at the same time and NO, my WiFi isn't on! I'm on 3G (4G isn't in our area right now, but it IS being installed currently but I haven't seen 4G on my phone yet.)

I am rooted and started the Android Tether app on the phone and was connected with my laptop when I got a phonecall but my laptop was STILL browsing the internet and I was NOT in an office or anything. I disconnected the laptop and stopped the tethering app and restarted the app and reconnected the laptop and was browsing and talking at the same time again!

Didn't see anyone post this yet so I thought I would!

It works!

Right now, I'm on the phone with a friend and browsing on my phone at the same time without WiFi on!:D

Advertisement
  2. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

that's really the only use i can see for it is if you're tethering. i'm not much of a "talke on the phone" guy, so i really don't benefit from having a blue tooth and browsing stuff.
  3. TCM

TCM Well-Known Member

4. riosgeovanny

riosgeovanny Well-Known Member

Yup its a difrnt 3g that the other vervizon phones use. It allows web n talk.
  5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

You might want to sit down for this, but your Thunderbolt also has a FLASHLIGHT BUILT IN!! OMGBBQ!!!! Welcome to March 2011 ;) :p
  6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Dont forget the front facing camera:eek:.
  7. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this feature is only going to work on the Thunderbolt or is it going to be standard on Verizon phones now?
  8. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Good question. I would guess it would be standard on all LTE phones on verizon. Go over to the charge section and see if they have that as we do.
  9. 82nd Airborne

82nd Airborne Well-Known Member

I believe the standard is with any new phone that uses eHPRD, so LTE is not a prerequisite.
  10. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

verizon using sim cards ftw!
  11. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

Yeah, not asking about LTE. I assume all LTE phones will have this capability. But as far as 3g simultaneous voice/data, I was wondering if this will be the standard across the board or has HTC created some magic, secret circuitry that only they have?
  12. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Well-Known Member

What is the sim card for exactly? Which service, voice or data? I ask because when I was talking to the VZW rep I asked if it would be possible to just move the sim card between phones and have the service transfer with it just like ATT but she said I would still need to call in and active the phone I want service on.
  13. BetaMan

Really? Huh. Who would've ever thought that....

Know about the flashlight. Know about the front facing camera. Have NEVER been able to browse the internet while on the phone without using WiFi though. THIS feature is new for me! And I've had my Thunderbolt since launch day. THIS feature just NOW started working within the last 3 days! Maybe some of you guys have had it working, but never here.

Just thought I'd pass it along. Didn't know it has been working the entire time for some.
  14. BetaMan

I believe it is only for data. I also have a 4G Mobile Hotspot (Samsung MiFi) and it too has a SIM card in it. It obviously doesn't do voice though, so perhaps it is only for the 4G.