Im Buying An Epic To Try for 30 days...

Last Updated:

1. FunDroid

FunDroid Banned This Topic's Starter

When I get the Epic I'm going to port my number over to it and ride it out for 30 days. Never owning a phone with a slider key pad has me curious to own one. I will be able to really compare the two handsets and do a little book report here. I will also be curious if I will be able to go a full 30 days without having to exchange the Epic 3 times for defects. I'm on the pre order list now. They have already stopped taking pre orders online. The price is $479 without a contract.

Advertisement
  2. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of playing with the Epic 4G at the Samsung Galaxy S Press Launch event 2 months ago and I must say that I loved it. It very well could be my new phone.

3. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

I've done a pre order as well and I'm hoping I do like it. I came from TP2 and thought I would be fine without the keyboard but owning my Evo for 2 months I still make mistakes.

4. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

I had a couple of slider phones before my Evo and I think I am about equal with the keyboards. I used to be very against phones that had no physical keyboard, but I will probably go with on-screen exclusively from now on. The build quality is the biggest issue. They always get loose over time and feel flimsy.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. Liebertron

Liebertron Well-Known Member

100% completely agree.

marctronixx likes this.
  6. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Let us know what you think of it, keep us updated. I love my Evo, but when it comes to the Epic I'm most curious about the screen, the keyboard, and whether Samsung's UI can be removed and vanilla Android or Sense can be installed (Touchwiz or whatever it is called looks pretty bad to me). Maybe since it is just a 30 day test you can do some experimenting with it.

7. dietcoke

dietcoke Banned

First thing to do:

download "GPS Test" by Chartcross from the Android market.

Report how many satellites are "In View", "In Use", and "Accuracy".

This will immediately tell if the Epic has the infamous GPS issues like the rest of the Samsung Galaxy S phones currently out.

8. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

If it helps any, The Samsung Moment keyboard was built well and it held up well!

9. 81_

81_ Banned

10. FunDroid

Ok This should be fun for sure.

11. Liebertron

Liebertron Well-Known Member

From my experience even the best built dont hold up the full two years. They always leave me craving a new phone after two years based solely upon the Oreo effect... and I am generally content and easy to please.

Though I must admit I get OCD with all flip phones and end up opening them for no reason or too many times. But that is why they are not for me...

12. kingme23

kingme23 Active Member

I'm not sure about that...it seems like most people thought the moment KB was garbage.

13. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I was like that with the pre and i hated that feeling of always wanting to slide it open and closed. I also found myself craving milk with that phone...wonder why.

14. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

I agree, I was the same way... but swype has made me cool on the whole onscreen keyboards thing...

15. flyjbaker

Are you female????...Will you marry me????.....:D:D

16. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

that person said.. they are easy to please....
    not blind!!!!

sorry.. the door was open .. i had to do it!
    :p

17. flyjbaker

Right over the middle of the plate!!!!.....hahahaha!!!!

dan330 likes this.
  18. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

LOL!!!:D

I had the Droid and most Droid fanboy will tell you the keyboard is the greatest thing since slice bread. I personally hated the keyboard and barely use it. It made getting a case for it a hassle as most were very flimsy and weak.

I might check the Epic out and see what the fuss is all about, but I seriously doubt I'll give up my evo.

19. FunDroid

Honestly, The only thing that will make me keep this Epic will be battery life and consistency. If the Epic has a more reliable battery and a better power management system I'm going to keep it. This is the only thing that is making me dis like my Evo right now, the on again off again battery drainage issue.

20. evo_stunts

evo_stunts Member

so werid , i have no problem with my batt , i charge at night , and if im in the car , other than that i never go dead , not once , and i am on the web , texting and watch youtube all day ??? you guys must be watching movies all day or somthin ...lol

21. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Why do you keep posting this EPIC crap in the EVO forum. I'm not going to tell you again. Post information about the EPIC where it belongs. Mod, please move this thread. Someone here just likes attention.