IM coming over gmail chat to me but cant find appSupport

Last Updated:

1. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My nephew sees me on google chat when I have my phone on and can send me chat messages that show up as a notification....where the heck is this program on the evo? They are coming across as IM's and I can reply back but if I clear the notification, for the life of me I can't find the app on the phone that is doing this????

How are these IM's getting to me and what app can I open up to reply? I do not want to just be able to drop down the notifications to reply I want to use te app.

Again these are NOT SMS messages these are actual IM's.

??

:)

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

its the google talk app you are looking for. if they are hitting your notifications bar up top (assuming you are using sense) just drag that down and tap on the message and it takes you to it...

3. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That is the thing...I cleared the notifications and now for the life of me, can't get to the app. It's not showing up anywhere on the phone. How do I get to it?

4. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member

Find the Talk app on your phone. It's listed as Talk and NOT Google Talk.

5. EvoHolicChic

EvoHolicChic New Member

I'm in the same boat....did you ever figure out how to get chat on ur Evo? I have looked everywhere and can't figure it out....as soon as I close the chat someone sent me I can't get it back and I can't start a chat?? Help...

6. EvoHolicChic

EvoHolicChic New Member

After reading a few new forums........I finally got it! Let me know if you need more help!