• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Im completely lost. Suggestions of firmware?

Fennec

Sep 3, 2011
I am just back from a shop in Beijing with my brand new Lenovo 3GW101.

I changed the setting to English but I want to change the firmware. What would be the best option? I want something efficient, idiot-friendly, customisable.

Preferably with a FAQ/ step by step method (Im also new to this whole Android stuff).

Also another silly question: can/need I unsimlock/unjail my 3GW101?

I myself like the custom cool blue, since it seems to have the leanest fitting, with the least amount of problems. Of course there are features missing that would need to be installed seperately if needed (exchange mail and tethering app for example).

though I have to admit the things I am hearing about the new chita Firmware are also fairly good (i still have not figured out on what android it is based, though Ill know more when I know if skype video calls work over the front camera).

some people also swear on the gingerbread native... though it has too many problems for my taste.

Reactions: Fishzn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones