• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I'm convinced that streaming video doesn't work

hogied

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I've had my evo for about almost a month now and have never been able to watch a full youtube video without getting a cannot play video error before the end and sprint tv more often than not gives me the channel not available message. I signed up for the mobile hotspot so that my kids can get online with their ipods when we go out. There have been times that I've had both ipods using my signal to seamlessly watch youtube and I can't even get a full video when I'm on wifi.

I've been scouring the forums tonight and it seems that more people are having problems than those who are not. Is there anything that would be different between my evo and theirs? I'm not a techie so other than apps I've downloaded off the market, mine's pretty much stock. I'm debating on whether or not I should go back to the sprint store, but from what I've been reading they've been no help to others.

From what I learned in this forum, what you should do is uninstall the app and reinstall it. If you still have the same problem, Go to Settings>>Applications>>Manage applications select the app you are having trouble with. From that screen, you should clear the data and cache. I don't know if you are having trouble with the youtube app or the Flash Player, but it should work with both.
Hope that helps

Upvote 0
Streaming works for me. I've heard the YouTube issue, but the only times I've ever even had a hiccup has been when on 3G and the speeds were too slow leading to buffering and once when I needed a manually pushed update for SprintTV. On 4G, seamless. On wifi, seamless. On 3G at 1Mbps or up, seamless. SprintTV on 4G is awesome (even though I only ever watch ESPN).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones