I'm getting my EVO soon... recommended accessories?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. bullonie

bullonie Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just have to wait for my Sprint store to get more :/. What case, screen protector, ect. should I get?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. HTCRALEIGHFAN

HTCRALEIGHFAN Well-Known Member

i am currently using the platinum gun metal color from bestbuy...for now until i find a better 1!

just dont go crazy removing it and crap as some peeps report when they take the case off (as he/she likes to leave the ph naked at home lol) will scratch your ph body due to dust or dirt.

and get a screen protector

3. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member

For a decent case at a rock-bottom price, check this out. I got one from the same seller in red for a buck more, $8 shipped. Here is a pic of it I took while installing a dock mounting disc.

[​IMG]

The finish is very nice and it's easy to put on and take off, if necessary. And for the price, you can get a few different colors to keep it fresh. :)

Also, you can get a couple of spare batteries packaged with a wall charger for less than $10 shipped.

As with all eBay purchases, it's a case of "buyer beware", but I have both of these items and can report that they are of acceptable quality......at least mine are. :)

4. Suitebliss

Suitebliss Member

I'm waiting on my Evo too, I was told by the Sprint store probably Monday or Wednesday at the latest. So far I've ordered the white polished case from Amzer.com as well as the Purple Argile from there. Also, I purchased two spare batteries with a cradle from ebay this morning and a 16gb micro sd card from Amazon.

I would recommend getting your accessories online as they are much cheaper than in stores.

5. bullonie

bullonie Active Member This Topic's Starter

6. jackshakes

jackshakes Member

I had the 1 piece case from Best Buy (glossy finish) and wasn't too impressed. I now have a Seidio Innocase II and it's awesome. Well worth the $$.

Not sure about the screen protector. I ordered the Skinomi TechSkin which should be arriving today. I've heard people complain that the Zagg shield adversely affects touch sensitivity.

7. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

I highly advise against ZAGG screen protectors. They collect dust like crazy, they feel very tacky (almost sticky), and they affect touch lag (even more than the touch lag issue w/ EVO).

Right now I'm rocking the original Seidio Active Case w/ the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector. My Evo is well protected and it looks great. I highly recommend both of these products (especially after all the previous misses I made).

My two cents.

8. GoofyGirl

GoofyGirl Well-Known Member

I ordered both anti-glare screen protectors and a rubberized red case from HandheldItems.com - plus they have 30% off HTC accessories!!! Both items worked great!!! ;)

9. dan7532

dan7532 Member

I'm purchasing an EVO 4G this weekend and here is my line-up of planned accessories:

Screen protector
    Based upon reviews from this forum:
    SGP STEINHEIL ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for HTC Evo 4G (Sprint)

Larger SD card
    [​IMG]
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G (Bulk Packaging): Electronics

Larger battery
    Seidio Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G at MobileCityOnline.com

Case
    Innocase Snap for use with Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery

Security
    Wave Secure - offers ability to lock, wipe, and track your phone in case it gets lost or stolen. https://www.wavesecure.com/

Insurance
    Sprint's $7/mo total insurance plan.
    [​IMG]

10. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member

I would suggest the BoxWave anti glare screen protector. No wet application, no sticky, gummy feeling. Love it.

11. nedneff

nedneff Member

12. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

No longer a contributing member as I was bashed by a moderator for providing helpful answers to topics.