I'm getting "Update Unsuccessful" from all my app updates? Anyone else?

Last Updated:

1. justjerry

justjerry Well-Known Member

Today I have about 8 apps that have updates and when I try and update all - I get "Update Unsuccessful" for all of them. I took out my battery and rebooted and still have this issue. Is this a phone issue or an App Market issue?? :confused::confused:

2. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Well-Known Member

Does it give any more information in the error message? I've been having a problem updating Angry Birds seasons (though all my other apps updated fine) and it said something about unsuccessful update to the SD card. I haven't tried it but supposedly pulling the sd card fixes the problem.
  3. justjerry

Doesn't say anything about the SD card in the error message - just "Update Unsuccessful." And it says that for all the updates - whether they are on my SD card or not. But I'll try pulling the SD card and see if that helps. I'll get back to ya. Thanks!
  4. justjerry

Pulled the SD card and battery of course - rebooted still all apps "update unsuccessful."

5. salimundo

salimundo Active Member

Did you try doing them one at a time? Sometimes when I update several apps at once mine will do that too but then I'll do them one at a time and it will work.
    justjerry likes this.
  6. justjerry

Yeah tried one at a time still no success. Here's what DID work - cleared some space on my phone - uninstalled about 8MB of apps I didn't need/use. Now all updates are downloading and installing fine....weird???
  7. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

Makes sense, it would need space to download and install the update before it removes the old version.