I'm giving up on HTC Sync. Angry.

Last Updated:

1. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thats it, ive officially given up trying to get HTC Sync to work with my phone. I have windows 7 installed, and ive tried the workarounds about installing vista drivers etc, but whatever i do it just wont work.

it really p***es me off that HTC Sync doesnt work straight out the box. its 2009 FFS! i should just plug in my phone and it works instantly.

anyway, i love my hero, but i hate HTC for not making a Win 7 driver.

The ADB wont install for some reason, despite the fact ive followed the "fixes" to a tee off the net. Its really annoying.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidEd

AndroidEd Well-Known Member

Did you go to the Devices and Printers options and installed the driver?
    I used to have the problem, but fixed it.

3. jimeller

yep. followed the fix to a tee, but it still didn't work. i'm trying this one last time as i speak from a different source, but it appears to be the same fix......

4. AndroidEd

Is yours 32-bit or 64-bit. Mine didn't fix with that way, I did a diff way, which I forgot, and worked.
    HTC should def. make win7 drivers for us. And I support you on "its 2009 FFS! i should just plug in my phone and it works instantly".

5. jimeller

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Glad you finally had success. IMO it's inexcusable to release an updated application several weeks after Windows 7 shipped without the requisite drivers. The framework was available to hardware manufacturers months in advance, and most of them had Win7 drivers available before the OS launched.

Mind you, even having Windows 7 drivers is no guarantee of hassle-free hardware installation. Yes Saitek, I'm talking about you! :mad:

7. AndroidEd

Agree'd. Someone needs to inform them about it.

8. MisterTea

MisterTea Active Member

OK... Just open HTC Sync on your pc then plug your phone to your pc. Finally just slide down the notifications barre on your phone and activate htc sync ...

9. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

+1 :cool:

10. MisterTea

MisterTea Active Member

In fact every tutorials tell you to install htc sync with vista drivers and to plug your phone but they just miss to tell you about the activation on the phone. It was the trigger for me ^^

11. Slug

None of this helps when the installation won't complete correctly though, which was the reason for this thread. ;)

12. pinkeyes

pinkeyes Member

13. NewYorkLaw

NewYorkLaw Well-Known Member

That method (in the link) requires an install onto a vista machine and then copying some of those files. For those without vista, what's the workaround?
    My hero is seen by win 7, and I can mount it and copy files to/from it, but htc sync just won't connect...

Pete

14. MisterTea

MisterTea Active Member

I dont want to be rude but come on the workaround and files you need are in the first results in google :/
    My tip was for those who searched well but didn't figure out they had to activate it on the phone... :rolleyes:

15. goku4ever

goku4ever Member

Ive tried everything mentioned in this thread and more. It still doesn't work for me.

16. scohina

scohina New Member

Once you go Mac, you never go back. Everything works!

17. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

HTC Sync on Mac....oh wait :rolleyes:

18. Slug

Did you install the latest version (v2.0.8) of HTC Sync? I tested it a few days ago on a freshly-installed Windows 7 32-bit and the drivers were correctly copied and installed. It's still borked for users of the 64-bit OS though.

19. NewYorkLaw

Yes, I've installed 2.08, but it won't connect. Although, as previously stated, my computer sees the hero when I mount it to transfer files manually.

To the guy in France who did not mean to be rude, I took your suggestion and tried those files, but they did not make it work either.

Pete

20. Slug

What flavour of Win7 are you running Pete, x32 or x64?

21. NewYorkLaw

32, though my processor is 64, so I was considering switching. Would that make a difference here?

Truthfully, though, it's not all that important to me that the sync works. The only reason for my trying initially to do it was so my wife could use outlook to send out our Christmas cards. Ultimately, I accomplished the same thing using a third party program (free trial) of companionlink, which got all our contacts into outlook from google. I figure eventually we'll get the sync to work - at least hopefully before next Christmas - and we'll be able to sync properly. companionlinks' trial is only good for about 2 weeks, I think!

(good product, by the way, Companionlink. I highly recommend it, it worked very well and even sync'd our contacts' photos).

Pete

22. Slug

Not to HTC Sync, that's for sure. For general use though, it's the mutt's nuts. Photoshop loves having 8GB of memory to play with. :)

Anyway, back to the problem...

Take a look in C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver and let me know if there's a Driver Files folder inside and what (if any) the contents are, will you?

23. kwif007

kwif007 Active Member

im on windows 7 starter and it wont work arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!