I'm going to crySupport

1. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

All of a sudden my screen has a black line going across it. :banghead:

I'm going to flash back to stock and see if that will fix it but it looks like its in the digitizer.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

bahh! that's why i got mine at staples!
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Man, so sorry to hear Atmazzz! :(
    After all the help you gave me this morning I hoped karma would be in your favor. Bummer to see so many folks with defected N7s. Hope you can get this one working soon or Google can send you a new one. :)
    Atma likes this.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Sorry man, that sucks. Nexus 7 not having the most success with screens huh?
    Atma likes this.
  5. breadnatty08

I smell your jealousy, get outta here. :mad::p
    Time for some mourning for the OP.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Thanks, it was working so well. :(

I'm restoring to stock now and I'll try calling Google and see if I have to wait a month for a new one. Or if I have to wait a month for Google to answer the phone.
  7. breadnatty08

Never called Google and hope I never have to. Doesn't sound like a fun situation.
  8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Can you use it in the meanwhile? See if they'll ship you one so you can return yours after.

Sure glad I didn't click on "like" or "thanks". :D
    Atma likes this.
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

lol .. "Thanks".

Yeah, it still works ok. Just that line always there. I've unrooted, stocked and locked and its still there. Gonna call Gurgle now.
  10. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

Oh that sucks! I notice with mine that a line like that will quickly flash in and out. I already have my replacement on the way though
    Atma likes this.
  11. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

Let us know what they say.
    Atma likes this.
  12. mattyinhull

mattyinhull Active Member

Sorry to hear your device has gone bad, I got mine from a Currys store with the extra protection for
    Atma likes this.
  13. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Talked to Google. Only took a minute to speak with someone. They added a replacement to my Google Wallet and I had to complete the purchase. $249, no tax or shipping.

They sent an email with an RMA and shipping label to print and when they get my defect back they will take the hold off the charges for the new one. The girl said they have some in stock just for the purpose of replacements so it wouldn't take long.
    colchiro likes this.
  14. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

My replacement would have taken 2 days if UPS didn't lose my shipment and sent it to the opposite side of Illinois so you should get it very quickly. I hope the replacements are actually expected for not being faulty because I will be flipping some burgers if I get another one with a defect. Just saying!
    Atma likes this.
  15. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I've seen post from several that have gotten defective replacements. I was a little concerned about getting this as I've read about issues with Asus.

I'm going to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best. :)

Maybe the new one will have 1080p and 8 gb of ram. :rock:
  16. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

My main unit and replacement have it
  17. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

It has the line across the screen like that?
  18. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

Mine has the same issues as mynoldone is. Mine is going to meet the fate atmazz's did
  19. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

Than just plain sucks. I'm really sorry to read/see this is happening to you.

I hope it's all straightened out as fast as possible, maybe faster.
    Atma likes this.
  20. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

why didnt you ask for cross shipping// they got your card anyway!
  21. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

They will be shipping it. I'll return mine as soon as the new one gets here. It has to be soon. You only get 21 days to return it after receiving the email .. which I had as soon as I got off the phone.
  22. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

I believe that the 21 days start after you receive your new one. But I read somewhere on here that the UPS label is only good for 2 weeks after being made (But don't take my word for it)
  23. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Its 21 days from the date I ordered.

The UPS label is available for download for 14 days. Not sure if that means it has to be used in 14 days. Anyway, it looks like this one will be going back next week. I was looking forward to trying some of the new Roms today but I don't see any point in unlocking again and relocking in a couple days.
  24. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

Ditto!!!!!!

Huh. I wonder if that's why my UPS label for all three boxes were made on July 10th but received one box super early and the remaining two boxes YESTERDAY?? :confused: :mad:
    Atma likes this.
  25. JiggyFly2o89

JiggyFly2o89 Active Member

Yeowza! I was in the market for one of these, myself! Let us know how Google handles it. I really hope they make quick work of this first batch. Best of luck to you!
    Atma likes this.