im gonna go crazy vs. screenshotsSupport

Last Updated:

1. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so ok... the android platform is dumb enough to make it do you cant take screenshots with a stock phone.. DUMB and now my SDK. wont work... WTF...

im going crazy over this.. i really am

Advertisement
  2. Joan006

Joan006 Well-Known Member

I had to download a photo frame app...Big Photoframe Widget...and use that on a blank screen to set my wallpaper. I too am STUNNED that this simple action of putting a photo, as is, on your wallpaper! My husbands VERY old LG does that even!
    if there is a better way, please someone post it! : )

3. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I'm thinking y'all are talking about two different thing - OP is talking about taking screen shots of his screens, second is talking about wallpaper.

There is an app to take screen shots on an unrooted phone, go search the "What do your screens look like" thread ont he main Droid X forum for those steps. Otherwise you have to root it to take them.

For setting photos as wallpaper, the only thing that happens with this phone is that it resizes the photos to fit the screen - since the wallpaper actually scrolls over all five screens, the dimensions have to be exact. It's not a static shot. But it's easy to make a photo you take with your camera your wallpaper - you just have to let it size it to fit.

4. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Are you trying to use a picture as wallpaper on your homescreen? While you are viewing the picture. Click hard menu button <bottom left>, push the <+more> on the screen, then push <set as> then choose wallpaper.

:)

5. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Or just navigate to the folder using the "wallpaper" function of the menu button on the home screen. It's under media gallery/camera roll.