I'm having a problem with LGNPST

1. Cbelflower321

Cbelflower321 Well-Known Member

I am having a problem with the error message: Fail to load skin.dll . I have unzipped the LGNPST folder from my download location to the desktop. Then installed the three files and the driver, then restarted my computer. When it booted back up I copied the model folder to the lg electronics folder and dragged the .dll file over reggie. Then I extracted the zv root folder to the C drive. After that I copied the LGNPST program from the unzipped folder on my desktop to the LG Electronics folder on my c drive. I created the shortcut, then tried to open the program and get that error message. What did I do wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. TechSys

TechSys Well-Known Member

Right click on the shortcut, click properties. You should be able to see where the shortcut to the application is located. Check that folder to see if skin.dll is there, if it is not, see if it is in the original folder. If it is in the original folder, copy it to the folder that the shortcut points to.

Or delete everything and start over again, going very slowly and making sure things are done precisely.

Hope that helps. I honestly can't think of why skin.dll wouldn't be in the folder unless LGNPST downloaded wrong or you created the shortcut wrong.
  3. Cbelflower321

Cbelflower321 Well-Known Member

I checked the folder where the shortcut was downloaded, and the original folder, and nowhere do I see a skin.dll. I have restarted the process numerous times following his steps and still get the same problem. Do I need to re download everything, or am I missing a step?