• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I'm having a problem with my Nexus One 'it stucks/shuts down Randomly!'

aqeelooo

Lurker
Feb 16, 2011
Hello.
I'm new here, and I'd like some help.
Sometimes, my phone stucks. and/or shuts down. Like I'm doing something sometimes it stucks I lock it and when I try to unlock it. The screen stays black. I let the device as it is for a while. Then Try to unlock it again in 10 minutes, doesnt work. Only solution is to remove the battery and put it again.
I'm afraid this action is damaging my phone 'putting in and out the battery' for three or four times a day. It's really annoying.
I don't know if it's a program that's causing all this. I ran AVG on it and everything seems fine.
Sometimes the screen stucks and then goes back to normal after 10 - 20 secs and sometimes it doesnt even go back to normal stays as it is. STUCK, if I let it open. the phone starts to get HOTTER and HOTTER so only thing I can do is remove the battery and put it in again.
I put my phone alot in the USB, I let it there for alot of time. I don't usuallly charge it normally with the battery-charger.
I hope I get some answers. Thank you :)

How am I supposed to send it in if I'm living outside the U.S. :thinking:
I bought it from Google's Official site, and It doesnt come with a warranty

Sure you have a warranty. In the US it is 12 Months. In the European Union I think it is 24 months. HTC handles warranty repairs. You may need your original invoice that was emailed to you when you purchased. Contact HTC for your region.

If you bought it in the US (to a US address), I believe you would contact US HTC which might require shipping to TX, but they might be able toi arrange for you to use a more local regional repair facility.

This isn't from experience, mind you, but how it should work.

Upvote 0
Sure you have a warranty. In the US it is 12 Months. In the European Union I think it is 24 months.
If you bought it within the warranty time frame, then just send it in and ask them to send you a new Nexus One. It might be a refurb if it's the AT&T model though. If you are doing an exchange, they will charge to your credit card the market value of the phone until they receive the broken one you sent in. At that point they reverse the charge. I belive that's still the warranty process. Or you can just wait the 2-3 weeks for them to fix your phone if you don't want to be charged to your credit card.

Anyways moved your thread to the support subforum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones