1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

I'm having issues...

1. verditsgerman

verditsgerman Active Member

So here's my story. I'm really hoping someone can help...

I rooted last week. Followed the instructions perfectly, all went well. Really got comfortable with HBOOT, etc. I flashed CM6 RC-3 and it was working pretty well. I was getting google framework force closes and couldn't send MMS at all, so I decided to try Sky Raider w/Vanilla. First though, I ran unrEVOked Forever and did the 2.15 radio flash (as well as a new splash screen from unrEVOked) which required me to format my SD card as FAT32. I copied everything off of my SD card and formatted, then copied everything back.

So then I flashed Sky Raider 2.5.2 Vanilla and everything was working great. I could send MMS, no force closes on anything. But then I rebooted. Once I rebooted and got back in to the OS, I was greeted with a Google Framework FC, Handcent FC, and ChompSMS FC. I tried everything I could think of, but couldn't figure it out. So I reflashed the ROM thinking maybe I had a bad flash or something. Worked great, then rebooted and again everything went to shit.

So last night I just left it alone, then this morning I formatted my SD Card back to FAT from FAT32, thinking that could have had something to do with it. No dice. So then I opened up ROM Manager and looked at the extras to see if anything looked like it could help. I saw "Extras" in the Sky Raider folder (I think that was the name of it) so I selected it and the phone reflashed. I was assuming to install the extras I selected. My theory is now that it wiped the ROM and tried to JUST install the extras on top of nothing (but then I don't know much, maybe I'm wrong) and long story short, I'm now in a boot loop.

Not sure if I should pull my battery and recover or if that could brick it or what, so I'm hoping someone has an idea. If I do pull the battery and recover, boot loop aside, am I just screwed with Sky Raider? Should I go back to CM6 RC-3 and deal with the crashes and the lack of MMS? Or should I try FrankenROM or one of the others? It sucks becauseI really liked Sky Raider when it was working properly.

Please note that I am not claiming this is anyone's fault but my own. I am not trying to blame the ROM guys or anything. They do some awesome work and I am fully aware that I am quite stupid. Can anyone help me? I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. verditsgerman

Update: After doing a bit of reading, I have found that I should not have done a wipe when I installed the extras. Frick. Can I yank the battery and recover or will that brick my phone? I might end up just going back to 2.1 if I can't get this working right. I'm sitting here freaking out watching my phone in it's boot loop thinking "This will be the time.. GOOOO! Damn."
  3. verditsgerman

So eh, I restored to my CM6 backup and am going to go back to the 1.XX radio and try sky raider again...
  4. verditsgerman

sweet.
  5. Ptriz21

Ptriz21 Active Member

**** yo skyraider
    verditsgerman likes this.
  6. verditsgerman

I will kut you peetriz. CM6 > Sky Raider. Don't be a gurl lawlawlawl
    Ptriz21 likes this.
  7. verditsgerman