Im I doing something wrong?Support

Last Updated:

1. Aucirob69

Aucirob69 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello PPL

my son convinced me of getting this Vibrant and so far I'm in love with this piece of technology, all i can say is wow.. But every time i take a picture or photo and want to send it to my brother, i get a message its too big of a file, even 16 seconds of video I have this issue with. can someone help me? i know it has to be settings and all that.

Thank to all in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Well-Known Member

how are you sending the files? file too big is likly an issue with either your email service provider or your brother's. I've never had problems sending pictures, at least not a couple at a time, using gmail.

If video is too large to send, you can post it on YouTube using the phone and send the link to your brother.

As for email, there is an app that shrinks the pictures before sending, I'm not sure of its name.

3. Aucirob69

this happens when im trying to send a pic or short video by texting only. So I guess its a resolution issue?

4. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Don't think you can shrink the size through the messaging app. If you only take pics to send through MMS, change the pic size in the camera app settings.

Or just email these pics instead, unless your recipients don't have a smartphone.

5. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

i've snt pictures, the phone usually just resizes them automatically for me before sending them o_O

6. TMoVibrant

TMoVibrant Active Member

I have set multiple MB pics to my sister's hotmail and her fiancee's gmail addy with no issues. Even sent 1MB pics to my wife's gmail with no issues.

i also sent pics in a text message they were able to get it, just fine.

7. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Depends on how large the file is and how you are sending it. Not 100 percent certain, but, if the file is really large, T-mobile doesn't like you sending it through their network, instead you will have to use wifi. Let me know if sending via wifi solved your problem. If not, then my next guess is email limit.

8. Oyasumi

Oyasumi Active Member

I use Handcent for my texting, it does auto-resizing with my images. For video, it helps to know if you plan on sending it via text. If you are then you want to change your video mode. To do that, open the side bar on the left and select Recording Mode. Select "Limit or MMS" and this will adjust the resolution so you can send it as an attachment.

I will say that the video quality drops considerably though.

Attached Files:

9. Aucirob69

Thanks to all for all the help, Yes;sending pics using Wifi is good, also I downloaded Handcent and its great, now I can send any pic i want, although now that I installed Handcent I get a duplicate of the message displayed at the newsbar... odd

10. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Not odd. You need to turn off the notification of the original messaging app you were using.

11. Oyasumi

Oyasumi Active Member

Open the old messaging application. Go to Menu->Settings and scroll down to Notifications. Remove the check from Display message notifications in status bar.

12. Aselby

Aselby Active Member

If you don't want to post it on youtube for the world to see ... you can use Android SendIT (its on the market) ... it will let you send any size video without sharing it with everyone