I'm in Ohio, my phone presumably thinks it's in California...Support

Last Updated:

1. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Dinc today started to prefer being on PDT as opposed EDT today. I checked the settings and confirmed it was set to "Automatic - use network provided values"

So, here I am , 4:05 here in Sunny Cincinnati, about to head home from work, whilst my Incredible feels I've 3 more hours to work as it's reading 1:05PM. :eek:

Anyone any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

Sounds simple but did you try powering on and off? I had this happen once I believe and I deleted the clock widget then reloaded to my screen and selected "my location", Hope that helps.

Rachel A likes this.
  3. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

or try updating you roaming by dialing *228 option 2. that helped my when i first got my phone.

Rachel A likes this.
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Lot of people have had this problem. Sometimes it Hong Kong, China, California, and a few other usual suspects. Hope it gets resolved with the official 2.2.

You can try:
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Network Location > Clear Data

Works for some people but often times the issue returns.

Rachel A likes this.
  5. Rachel A

I had download several clock widgets yesterday - and subsequentially uninstalled them since yesterday afternoons lil' experiment in time-travel.

My phone's now happily staying in the same time zone as me. I will however bear all your collective suggestions in mind should it once again decide to take a vacation without me. :cool:

Thanks to all who responded - it's help like this that makes this place so great!

R

6. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Maybe your phone is trying to tell you something....Cali is the place to be...

7. Rachel A

Oh, don't I know! I used to live out in the Bay Area (Dublin) and had a terrific time (right up to the point I had to fly to Pasadena several times a week - Hollywood Hills airport was the very antithesis of what I expected... :( )

Apparently I spoke to soon, my Dinc once again was pleading me to head back into the land of PDT - one wonders if I do that will it next want me in Hawaii - then what? - that's a big ocean! :eek:

R

8. nicball

nicball Member

Have you tried to uncheck the "automatic - use network-provided values" and just set it up to manually be -4 GMT ?

9. Rachel A

Yes - I've been using that now for the whole weekend and the clocks remained firmly fixed.

Think I might leave it that way for a while at least until the clocks change back or some OTA FroYo love (whichever comes first!) :rolleyes:

R

10. Rachel A

OK, whilst my last post was optimistic (it changed the time on me a day or so after I posted), I feel more hopeful now. I reset the clock to use the network time the moment I'd been FroYo'd and, since then (touch wood) my phone's time has been stable as a rock. :D

R