I'm jealous of you guys

1. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of all you guys :( I have to wait until Wednesday to get the phone and it sucks. Apparently it's frowned upon 17 year olds to sign legal contracts, who knew?

/end rant, I had to get that out of my system

Advertisement
    :
  2. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, I have to wait until Paypal sweeps my funds from my eBay transaction to my checking account. According to them, it takes 3-5 days. Here's hoping Chase pushes it through earlier.
  3. mj0528

mj0528 Active Member

Got a lot of hoops to jump through to make it work though tomorrow.
  4. it's all good your phone will be newer lol
  5. antioch216

is there any way they would know I'm 17? I'm an authorized user, but would it have my age on the account info or would they ask for ID?
  6. Yaken

Yaken Well-Known Member

if your name is on the account as an auth, user and you have a valid state id, aka drivers lic. etc.you are fine.
  7. antioch216

well, I had my dad (who's account I'm under) call and tell them to add me as a AU, and the guy said he did. And check on the drivers license. I was just thinking, since it is a legal binding contract for 2 years, I would have to 18 (though, here in Texas, you're considered independent at 17...)

if what you said is true, you just made me the happiest man ever
  8. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member

You have to be 18 or older to legal enter in to any binding contract, there really is no way around that unless you have emancipated yourself from your parents or guardians.

Sorry, the age of majority or "adult" is 18 set by Federal laws which supersedes any State or local laws.
  9. antioch216

lol, yeah. Oh well, worth a shot. I'll be joining you guys Wednseday then!