Im just gonna get the N1 and be done with it!!!

Last Updated:

1. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems like everytime I wanna get a phone something else gets announced/rumored! I should be getting the N1 pretty soon, and it has everything I want/need, big screen/movies/apps/web/phone/music/camera. Now Im hearing rumors of the HTC Supersonic, which might be pretty much an android version of the HD2, thats awesome! In love the look/design of the HD2, big ass screen and great hardware to back it up! Only reason I dont buy the HD2 is Windows Mobile (eww).

So I just decided to go with the N1 and try to keep for at least a year and a half to 2 years before I upgrade, cause at this rate I be waiting forever for the perfect phone! lol

Advertisement
  2. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

what r u waiting for! get the N1. Faster processor than any other phone out there, won't get outdated for a while.

3. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

n1 is a damn fine phone. you wont be disappointed

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It is very good, I was also hesitant... cancelled 2 orders before finally going through with it.

5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It is very good, I was also hesitant... cancelled 2 orders before finally going through with it.

6. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

I'd been waiting two years to get my phone suffering from a similar "ooh, but maybe I'll wait til that one's out" syndrome. Finally took the plunge with the N1 due to its excellent hardware and upgradable OS, and as it's not tied to a carrier, it's guaranteed Android updates for as long as it will support whatever new stuff Google comes out with.

Go for it and be delighted :)

7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ad above almost, I'd been due to upgrade my N95-1 for a while. Nothing wowed me so I'd been on a cheap SIM only tariff. I was leaning towards the HD2 until the N1 came out, but Android managed to sway me... good job too, it kills Symbian and WM6.5... didn't look at Maemo5 due to (current) lack of features.

8. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member

There are currently 2 phones out with the snapdragon.

The is a HTC phone coming to sprint with a much bigger screen, same software with Sense UI and 4G speed. Not to mention a much better network.

HTC Hero (Sprint) vs. Nexus One (T-Mobile) on Vimeo

this makes no sense.

9. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

This is exactly how Im always buying phones off craigslist and trading them all the time so i finaly decided to just save up for a good phone. Just ordered mine thursday and it should be here on monday..Cant wait!

10. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

I chose the Nexus because it doesn't have Sense UI. As pretty as it may be, when the Android OS is updated you will first have to wait for HTC to re-do its own pretty packaging to get the update.

Things that look pretty are great, but not if they stop me getting updates straight away :D

11. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I quite like the standard Android interface anyway :D

12. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I quite like the standard Android interface anyway :D

13. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

As already said by Oniongirl, it runs Sense which I don't see the point in anyway now 2.1 has caught up. The handset is also ugly as sin compared to the N1. I'm also sure that there is something wrong with that test - I don't get ping latency like that...

14. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

If you're with tmo I would go with the n1; the supersonic screenshot that everyone has seen with "T-Mobile" as the carrier I believe are fake. The supersonic was said to be a sprint exclusive.

15. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

Good choice, there will ALWAYS bee another android phone. For me, I moved from an iphone to the G1, and absolutely loved android, but hated how slow the G1 was. The only thing that kept me from moving to another phone was finding one on tmobile that was actually better hardware wise, as soon as the N1 came along it was a no brainer. At one point I almost jumped to VZW, but held out, and it paid off.

16. androidtx

Also, as far as current gen phones like the N1, I would say it is probably the best choice of anything, because rooting is supported out of the box, no complex hacking and closed loopholes, it is going to be THE platform of choice for XDA, and I would imagine we will see sense ported to it once phones with similar specs and screen sizes start hitting the market that have sense on them.

One thing I would imagine though is that the HD2 WILL end up with android ported to it at some point by one of the XDA guys like cyanogen. If that happens, I will likely buy an HD2 and re-up my 2 year with tmobile as long as it doesn't require a plan change. I purchased my N1 out of contract to keep my awesome family plan, which is unlimited everything on 2 lines for $120 a month.

17. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat as you; I just gave in and bought it. Best decision I've made tech-wise in my life aside from going Blu. :D

18. csongi12xme

csongi12xme Member

After buying it tell us if it has any bugs or anything..

19. spinkick

spinkick Member

Do you guys all run tmobile or unlocked att? If I bought an Unlocked nexus 1 now, will it work on verizon eventually, or is it hard to actually say? 3g doesnt make it to me on tmobile out here, and they are not so good compared to verizon or att. (howell, michigan)

20. androidtx

The current N1's will NEVER work on verizon. It will be released with a different radio for use on Verizon/Sprint.

21. spinkick

spinkick Member

Ugh, i hate waiting! Are you all with Tmobile, then?

22. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

No, it will work on any uk network :p :D

23. spinkick

spinkick Member

Lol, can you put up a tower out there that can reach here? I'd appreciate it. :D

24. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

Just buy it, you'll love it! i have had the iPhone 3G/3GS, Storm 1/2, and the DROID looking for the right phone and now i finally have it. I plan to keep this bad boy for at least two years before upgrading.

Nexus One ftw! :D