1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Im just loving this Dolphin browser

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

If you have not tried it yet I suggest you give it a whirl.

Advertisement
  2. taylora127

taylora127 Member

I have it on my phone, but honestly I use the stock browser for everything. Can u tell me why its better?

3. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

The gesture controls alone make it better. I can go to the top or bottom of the page with a gesture, and I have all my most visited sites linked to gestures.

It also goes to the full site for web pages that normally redirect you to a mobile site. For thanks instance, I can't get to cracked.com with the stock browser.

4. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I tend to mostly use the stock browser as well, but for heavy lifting, Dolphin is phenomenal.

5. Kyutu

Kyutu New Member

The stock browser has an option to disable mobile versions of webpages from loading. ;)

6. taylora127

taylora127 Member

I set my stock browser to only go to non mobile websites and don't feel the need for gestures. I really don't have the need to use dolphin yet I guess. My stock went to cracked.com without issue.

7. TLDspectre

TLDspectre Well-Known Member

I like it for the easy tab functionality, quick access to bookmarks and most visited pages, as well as the gestures.

8. WozzaTT

WozzaTT Well-Known Member

What are gestures?!! :eek:

If you guys wanted to see what news or sports stories are happening, for example, would you use an app like BBC News or BBC Sport or use a browser, the newsreader app or an RSS feed widget? Or some other way?

I'm still setting my phone up and am interested in the 'best' ways to access this kind of information. :)

9. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Simply put, gestures make things like zooming easier. Quick video:

YouTube - Dolphin Browser Provides Pinch & Zoom Gesture Support on the Droid

To answer your other question, for me,it depends on the site. I tend to use the default stock for most things. If I want to render it differently, I go ahead and use Dolphin or Skyfire.

WozzaTT likes this.
  10. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

I've tried Dolphin but still prefer the standard browser.

11. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Gestures are cool, but stock has flash lite. i sign into youtube and watch most anything with it. I like having every browser I can though. they all try so hard to compete with one another that the strengths and weaknesses become more glaring everyday. I use dolphin most, then stock, then xscope.... and even a little opera for good measure. (they have some great stuff going on with the PC platform, cloud server file sharing, cool stuff... so i use it for accessing my computer remotely via my opera.

12. vaccdroid

vaccdroid Well-Known Member

Tried them all and Dolphin is just so spectacular and better then them all. Love it.

13. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

It will load the mobile site first, but if you go to the bottom of the page, you can click on "Looking for Cracked online" (or something similar to that) and it links to the full page in all it's glory. :D

14. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I did try changing the setting to desktop, but for some reason it didn't work for me. Doesn't matter anymore since I have Dolphin as my default browser.