I'm locked out!!!!...with a twist...Support

Last Updated:

1. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was messing with my G1 last night, playing with the visual pattern thing...bad idea...

Goofin...goofin...goofin..."please wait 30 seconds"...goofin...goofin...goofin..."please log in with gmail account to unlock". "Oh...that's what it does if you mess with it. No problem" *enters KNOWN login info*..."invalid username or password".

I don't get it. I enter my gmail email address and my password, which I KNOW...I use it every day...and it continually gives me "invalid username or password" messages. I'm lost...

Here's the twist...I can get into the phone using the mobiledefense.com site to unlock it. Problem is, as soon as it goes to sleep, it locks again. I've tried changing the visual password thing, turning the visual password off, resetting the phone, yanking the battery...everything and no dice. I can use it as long as I don't turn the screen off...lol

How can I fix it? I know I can factory reset it but I'd rather leave that as a last resort. How can I find what login info the thing is looking for? I can get in the damn thing...isn't it in there somewhere?

Advertisement
  2. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nevermind...I got it. Here's what I did if anyone else gets in the same boat at some time:

Logged into mobiledefense.com and unlocked the phone.

Got on the net on it (work puter wouldn't let me go to gmail), went to gmail's desktop site and changed my password.

Opened the gmail app on the phone and hit "refresh" in the menu.

When it gave the "failed to connect" error, I put the new password in.

Put it to sleep, woke it up, put in new login info, all is right with the world yet again.

mobiledefense.com SAVED THE DAY!!!! If you don't have it, GET IT!!!