1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I'm new here, I just have one question about contacts on my phone.Support

1. vlnelson022

vlnelson022 New Member

I just recently bought a samsung galaxy precedent, and i added a few people into my contacts and set up my google account, which i rarely ever use, unless i want some sort of app on my phone. anyway, i synced my phone with my google contacts, and my facebook contacts. and everything was fine, until randomly, all of my contacts were gone. but still in my messages folder. and when i would try to add them again, they wouldn't show up in my contacts. so i reset everything, and didn't sync any of my facebook this time. but it still wouldn't add my contacts. and then when i have my facebook contacts synced and whatnot, if i click on the person, it has the same number three different times, depending on how many times i've added it. along with their facebook numbers. I honestly don't know what the heck is going on, but i haven't deleted any of my old messages out of my message folder, just incase something screws up again. i'd like some help, if anyone knows what to do. because i surely don't..:(

Advertisement
    :
  2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Go to your PC/Mac gMail window. Populate it with exactly who you want, and remove those you don’t. Give it a little time to sync, then check the contacts on your droid -- it should have exactly the same population. If it doesn’t, then you’re apparently not hooked up right, with same login on each machine.
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Make sure that the account on the phone is the account you're using on Gmail (if it's not, delete it on the phone and create a new one that's the one from Gmail), and that it's set to auto-sync.