im new :O

Last Updated:

1. R. LAZARO

R. LAZARO Member This Topic's Starter

hey my name is richard im new to this android stuff recently got the mytouch slide and luving it any tips on apps to get ive got a couple like movie finder kill apps file manger stuff like that any others i could download like a area code finder that shows wat city the callers callin from etc.... thanks in advance :D

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

3. R. LAZARO

R. LAZARO Member This Topic's Starter

im a noob and aLL but what is root is that like saying hacking?

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

So was I at one point. Being a root user is a "hack" that enables the user to gain access into the "root level" of the phone. Doing that, I can customize it to do pretty much anything I want. You can (except on my droid x at this point) put a custom ROM on it (custom interface), you can gain access to use your phone as a tether without the knowledge of your phone company., you can slow down or speed up your phone's processor.

In other words, you have access to where most folks don't and there are a lot of cool softwares written that you can use in your phone, that only root users can use. :)

The droid X, has a "one touch" installable software that was written for idiots like me. Click it and I become a "super user." ;)

Good luck!

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!