• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] I'm new to rooting and I'm still running 24A

My friend walked me through the whole rooting process several months and now I don't know how to update. I've been getting the update prompt on a nightly basis for months now. I have titanium backup and rooted with stumproot. My problem is I don't know how to backup my stuff and install the update then put my stuff back on again.

Nice tags. :D

Unfortunately this phone doesn't do well with ota updates even when rooted, stock. Best bet is to tot back to stock to remove root, then update via ota. You can backup all your apps with TiBu ahead of time, then move the whole TiBu folder from the phone to the PC ahead of time so you can move it back when you're all updated and then restore your apps from that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones