I'm officially done......

Last Updated:

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

cleaning my pool that is. I leave for Mexico two weeks and come back to a once crystal blue swimming pool to a purple tint on the wall, floor and cleaning hose. Apparently since my pool pump was off and alot of rain came when I was gone it created a purple tint. Did some research to find out the water has magnesium which create the purple. I guess $80 will be added to my monthly bill for a pool cleaner. Never ends people!

Advertisement
  2. Shinji01

Shinji01 Well-Known Member

I am done cleaning my house. it feels good to know tht the house is clean for the new year .
    Good luck maintaining the pool!
  3. TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf Well-Known Member

Pools are totally overrated.

Hot tubs is where the action is
  4. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

It's 20
  5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I have a spa that's attached to the pool but we never turn the bubbles on. Nor do I ever use the heater.

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Don't own property but know that pools can be a life sucker for some folks who own one.
    But, like others have said, no sympathy here in the dead of winter about your pool. :p
  8. big_z

big_z Well-Known Member

I feel bad for you son.
    I got 10 degree problems but a pool ain't one.
  9. colobuckeye

colobuckeye Active Member

I have to second the + for hot tubs. I love getting in the hot tub when it is negative degrees outside. Body is warm while hair is completely frozen.
  10. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Talk to a pool guy today. He said it might be pink algae.
  11. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yeah.. pools are way over rated... so are boats. unless you use every week and often.

living in a community with HOA taking care of the pool.
    and
    renting a boat when needed.

so much better.
  12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Ok. Got my water checked and the algaecide had a reaction with the cold weather. Plus my cyanuric acid level is way to high. Another reason for the people tint.