I'm out... no more Moto for me

Last Updated:

1. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've decided to pull the plug on keeping my Cliq... I am switching over to HTC... I figured that the Cliq will get 2.1 and that will be it... I seriously doubt that Motorola will continue to update the device so I jumping off now and getting a device with a bit more updating life left in it...

It's been fun...

Advertisement
  2. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Hey spider I just upgraded too, I got the samsung vibrant,should be here on Tuesday. I really do love cliq but lack of updates were pissing me off Especially since kindle app came out.I am kinda apprehensive to try out a phone with no slide out keyboard since iv never had one but I get two weeks to try out.

They let me upgrade early so I'm just thankful for that, it was either vibrant or sprint epic, but since iv worked for sprint I know of there frequent outage issues and honestly I just trust gsm devices a bit more.Good luck on ur new device :) let us know what u got though.

3. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Good luck with a Samsung product if your concern is support.

4. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Y is samsung that bad?

5. spyderman

yea, they have no plans on upgrading Behold II to Android 2.1... they suck worse than Moto...

Stick with HTC... not the best but better...

6. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

The Behold II and Galaxy i5700 (both from samsung) are the only android phones that will NEVER see anything beyond 1.6.

Even the G1 will get a port of 2.2 via the community.

Samsung does not release the drivers to their phones so if they don't update it nobody else can or will.

Even the Moment you own/owned will never see 2.2 and it has a faster processor than half of the phones on the android playing field (800MHz).

7. yaobling

yaobling Member

So im getting out of Moto too, but i'll be going to the Epic 4G once it gets out. its a Samsung, but seems pretty damn good. I mean, only reason i dont have the EVO is theres no keyboard. So samsungs arent all that bad....atleast the new ones.

8. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

Between the complete lack of support for the Cliq XT from Moto, and the BS they're pulling with the Droid X's, I'll never touch a Moto product again. It's a shame too, as I think their hardware is very good. When it comes to smartphones though, hardware only gets you so far. It's all about the software updates.

9. spyderman

I just got the MyTouch Slide a few days ago and I am very impressed... loaded all my apps from the CLIQ.. NO LAG whatsoever... its as fast as my friends EVO...

Very happy... Sold the CLIQ in a few days on Ebay... Highly recommended...

I will sticking around because my wife still has her Cliq and is waiting for 2.1.

10. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the Vibrant. Samsung is pushing the Galaxy S line so much that they would be crucified if they tried to pull what they did with their lower end android phones.

11. ridingonfumes

ridingonfumes Member

i hear you. im stuck with my motorola C.L.I----C.R.A.P BUT I HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NEVER BUY A MOTOROLA PHONE AGAIN

motorola C.R.A.P with moto-turd