• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IM program connections

KyleZipp

Lurker
Oct 23, 2008
I am wondering if anyone has had any problems getting kicked off aim and Gtalk. Neither of them are staying signed in for me, and even sometimes they are staying logged in but it can't retrieve any of my information(no screen names appear).. It happens even when my signal strength is strong, so I am very confused as to why this is happening? Anyone else having the same problems, or some idea of a fix for it?

I am having these same problems, and it's really what brought me to these forums. Coming from the Sidekick, which persistently stays online with the messaging apps, I'm a bit miffed at how often I find myself offline.

It's to the point that I have gotten into the habit of hitting IM periodically just to make sure I'm still logged in. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones