Im really starting to lose my patience with my eris PLEASE HELPGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Member This Topic's Starter

Ive been searching the net, droid forums, and spending ridiculous amounts of time at verizon stores and no one will give me a straight answer. Is there any way to either do something to the bluetooth or change the eris's sense ui so that it can pair with a wiimote, or are there any other bluetooth or usb keyboards or game controller that can for sure work with the eris?

Also, what is the best music player app? all i want is one that has an equallizer that works. every time i hit the eq button on mixzing it say that "the eq doesnt support this file type" and all my music is mp3 wtf.

And does anyone know if theres any way that verizon will exchange a "broken" eris for an incredible?

Advertisement
  2. CaptainTwinkie

CaptainTwinkie Well-Known Member

Verizon will not replace your eris with a incredible, unless they have swapped it out a few times.

You can try cubed music player.

Matt Starr likes this.
  3. smacky

smacky Banned

The Eris is not a big-name phone. It won't have all the extra peripherals you're looking for. Those are reserved for the top-notch Android phones like the Nexus One and the Droid.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Matt.

The Eris is being outrun by most other Android-based devices, such as the Droid and the Incredible, because of its rather anemic CPU, which has a top stock speed of about 528Mhz. Those others are nearly twice as fast at 1Ghz.

Because of that, multimedia apps and peripherals just can't perform as with the other devices. Rooting so that your Eris can be overclocked can help with that, but still will only bring your speed up to around the 700s, which is still only 75% of 1Ghz, and will also eat up battery life and other resources.

For what you want to do, it looks like you've probably acquired the wrong phone as is. As I say, rooting can help with that as a sort of hold over until your contract allows an upgrade.

5. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

As far as the Wiimote, that uses infrared and I don't think the Eris has an IR port.

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The infrared just helps with positioning the cursor on the screen properly. A wiimote actually uses Bluetooth to connect to the Wii.

7. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Member This Topic's Starter

thank you everyone for your suggestions. The other day I bought a wiimote at gamestop which happens to be right next door to the verizon store, so after I bought it I walked over to the vz store to see if they knew how to connect it. It just so happens that the guy waiting in line in front of me was having bluetooth issues on his samsung. after spending a good 20 mins. with the guys at gamestop and being extremely frustrated the guy with the samsung in front of me says to himself while messing around with his bluetooth settings "nintendo? what the heck?" I pulled the controller out of my back pocket and sure enough, the lights were blinking and trying to connect. If thats not a good swift kick in the pants then I dont know what is.

so does anyone else use app MixZing and know why the equallizer always says "the eq does not work with this file type" even though all my music are mp3's