• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I'm really worried!!!

Well I have 4 different roms, the root file, and a custom lockscreen file.

Looks like you've learned one important lesson: don't yank the battery when the phone is running unless it is a last resort. Trying to save a few minutes cost you several hours to learn this, I would guess.

Second lesson: always, always, ALWAYS use the "Wipe... Wipe Data/Factory Reset" recovery menu item before you do a Nandroid restore.

eu1

PS the "root PB00IMG.ZIP" file can not be flashed to the phone using Amon_RA's recovery. BTW, you should probably rename it to something slightly different, say "root-PB00IMG.ZIP" so that if your phone happens to get started up in HBOOT mode, your phone won't try and start the rooting process over again

Upvote 0
the "root PB00IMG.ZIP" file can not be flashed to the phone using Amon_RA's recovery. BTW, you should probably rename it to something slightly different, say "root-PB00IMG.ZIP" so that if your phone happens to get started up in HBOOT mode, your phone won't try and start the rooting process over again

Good to know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones