im rooted, what next to do?

1. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

hello guys, i just rooted my phone. and now i already have the CMW and SuperSU icons on my phone. what is next thing that im gonna suppose to do? sorry im only a newbie and i wanna try what rooted phone is. thanks for the help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

get root browser and have a good browse at the system files. get ringtone maker and after making some custom tones, use root browser to put them in the folder with the standard tones
  3. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member

First thing make a nanoid backup. Then get Titanium Pro and back up all your apps and data. After that, you are free to start flashing away....just do a bit of reading first.

Next I would check out this thread:

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...t/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

Scroll down till you see "I'm rooted... now what?" and read, read, read!!!

As a wise man on this forum said....Flash in haste, repent in leisure!
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

wise? I can think of one or two other four-letter adjectives!
    :D
  5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

:dito: :D
    Anyway moving to all things root.
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

I did mention, in your other thread, to carefully read all of the, "Dummies Guide" caloyzki. ;)

There are a number of things that you should do or install mentioned in post #2 of that guide as well as pointers to other things that you can enhance your phone with.

A motto that we in the, "Home for the Terminally Befuddled", live by. :D

(and one I've learned by bitter experience! :stupido2: )

It's not big and it's not clever to mock the afflicted! :coffee:
  7. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

Flash in haste, repent at leisure

Should be the first thing you think after rooting !

Then do a Nandroid back up via CWM, save a copy to your PC and your good to go. As long as you can get your phone to recovery mode you should be OK if you make a mess.
  8. nickst2

nickst2 Well-Known Member

Look up an app called adfree. It blocks most app adverts and is only available to root users
  9. caloyzki

hello sorry for being a numb, im just a newbie to a rooted world. how am i gonna do this? i dont see any nandroid back up to my cmw. can you pls teach me step by step? if u dont mind. ty.
  10. caloyzki

thank you very much. and now finnaly my phone is addfree! what else? hehe
  11. ironass

12. caloyzki

13. ironass

See post #3 above.
  14. caloyzki

15. ironass

Download the modem .zip of your choice to your phone and flash it via CWM Recovery.
  16. caloyzki

HOW come when i do a nandroid back up i go to backup and restore and hit back up it says "Can't mount backup path" what am i gonna do?