Im rooted what now?

1. matt190191

matt190191 Well-Known Member

hey guys new here just rooted my shiny new galaxy tab what should i do now
    What apps? What can i do with it being rooted considering i just voided my warranty :D

Advertisement
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Why didn't you do some research and figure this out BEFORE you rooted?
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

matt190191 likes this.
  4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

One of the first things after I root, is install a custom recovery, like ClockworkMod, and then make a full Nandroid backup so I can have a full back up.

Then I test out screen shots, and then wifi tether, to make those work. :)
    matt190191 likes this.
  5. matt190191

Dunno lol
  6. p1r4te

p1r4te Active Member

the first thing i did when i rooted my milestone is to back up everything so that if you screw it up you can undo your mistakes.

then.. well then you remove all of those bloatware programs that you never use!!
    then... once you have stripped your device down of all the rubbish apps you can "tune it up" with some more apps, and then more apps, and then you will have the same ammount of apps that you had before when you had all of the bloatware.
    then.... you realise that you would like to make your device faster and overclock it.
    then..... you get greedy with the overclock, make it 2x faster and risk blowing it up.
    then..... you realise you batt isnt lasting as long so you wipe a whole heap of apps and get some more apps and change heaps of settings to reduce batt usage.
    then...... after you tuned your device to "your" best possible way, you realise that there is another really cool android device that makes yours obsolite and buy that.
    then....... you wipe all of the apps from your device, install remote controll apps, ip webcam and use it to see whos coming down your driveway.

then the cycle begins again.

moral of the story:
    i dont know the moral of the story. make one up.
  7. matt190191

Lol what!? Are you saying its pontless rooting? Can you put linux on an android device after rooting? That would be awsome:D
  8. p1r4te

p1r4te Active Member

basically, i havnt found a need for root other then to overclock, remove bloatware, remote control the device and put custom roms.

other than that imo root isnt necessary.

im not noob or an expert. so i cant say you cant put a different os on your device.

android is based on linux (everyone has a differen explanation, thats mine).

most answers are on google. good luck.
    matt190191 likes this.
  9. matt190191

Ok thanks:)