• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm saying hi. Hi!

jrr9955

Lurker
Apr 7, 2011
Just looking for some questions to be answered about my phone. But, you never know I may hang around.

I hope everyone is in good cheer.

I need to bring my HTC EVO into the Sprint store and they are going to swap it out for a new phone. The internal speaker does not work. The tech's tried three new speaker and finally gave up that tactic and decided to get me a new phone.

Question: Will I be able to transfer my programs from the old phone to the new phone. Also I have PDANet on the old phone. Should I take it off before I do the swap?

Also, I rooted the phone. Is that going to pose a problem?

Thanks.

jrr9955

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Uninstall PDANET and unroot the phone before bringing it in. Technically, rooting an Android phone can sometimes be considered a violation of the carriers terms of service. Before you do it might be prudent to use an app like Titanium Backup to backup your major apps and data onto your micro SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones