Im seeing it this week.

Last Updated:

1. harsaphes

harsaphes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I am going to get a hands on with something this week.
    Its either the "passion" or its the "nexus", I cant be sure but it is one of those. Hopefully i will be able to take some picts and report back.
    cheers.

Advertisement
  2. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

So here is the real question...

May I join you?

3. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

What circumstances led up to you having this opportunity?

Please get as many details as possible, specifically which carriers, release date, etc.
    In fact, if you don't mind, maybe we could make this thread a punch-list of questions some of us would like to know about the phone. ;)

How does the trackball feel?
    Any lag?
    weight? -lighter or heavier than the droid?
    try the voice-to-text in an e-mail and report back plz!
    any cool apps installed?

Thanks in advance!

4. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear back. We need to know if something is coming to Verizon in January or not!

5. choffy21

choffy21 Well-Known Member

Let me answer that for you now:

No.

6. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

Do you have sources to cite for that answer, or are you just grumpy today?

7. Rix

Rix Banned

Those questions suck. I can answer them all now. 1) Like any other trackball. 2) No, snapdragon. 3) Isn't every phone lighter than the Droid? It's kinda impossible for the N1 to weigh more than the Droid without a keyboard. 4) It rocks. 5) all of them

Here's a serious question: does it record 720p video? If not, what quality is it?

8. SoCalMiles

SoCalMiles Well-Known Member

If its not the Nexus, 1.) SNAP A PIC!! 2.) Find out which carrier is going to get it! Those are the only real important things THAT MUST HAPPEN if its something other than the Nexus.

9. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

+1!!! If it doesn't look like the Nexus One, TAKE A PICTURE and RUN!!! Run like the wind!!!

10. Re4son

Re4son Well-Known Member

I have a feeling if he would have said yes, you would have gone ape shit crazy and not asked for any sources. Vetizon is not getting this in january.

11. MancusoX

MancusoX Well-Known Member

I don't think that it will come out in January, neither. I think, if it does come to verizon, maybe in the late spring or early summer. I do believe the Plam Pixi is coming to verizon in January with wifi, though.

12. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

This...seriously.
    oh and
    Are there any MultiTouch features..if so how smooth.

13. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

Actually you're quite wrong there. I ask everyone for sources when they make definitive statements like that. Check my post history for proof.

By the way, what's *your* source for that statement?

14. trk

trk Active Member

Um, heres MY question: So far everyones...ok, most everyone has been convinced the passion and nexus one are the same phone or derivatives of the same phone. So why are you referring in your statement that your going to get your hands on the passion OR the nexus one?

15. Nashdroid

Cause there is no real proof or official press release that says that the Nexus One is the Passion. It's all speculation up to this point. For all we know the Nexus One could come to market as the Nexus One and the Passion could be an altogether different device. Some people think that the HTC Bravo COULD possibly be called the Passion when it comes to the U.S.

Bottom line is, nothing is really confirmed yet so everyone is trying to put together their best theory possible based on what we know so far and what Google has done in the past. It could be TOTALLY different from what we're all theorizing. Who knows?

16. trk

trk Active Member

I more or less agree mr nashroid. Hard to believe I know but we're all reading the same crap here. I know what the assumptions are. I just thought it was interesting that he flatly said "this" OR "that" like he knows something. Not saying he does, just making an observation. Continue with your rampant speculative phone-love-fest and the rest of us will sit patiently and wait for confirmed facts which we're sure to be imminent. No disrespect...we're all anxiously waiting for the facts on this (these) phone(s)

17. Nashdroid

Oh....you're referring to the guy that said that "Verizon is not getting this phone?" Yeah...just ignore him. Unless he can cite actual proof of that, he's just trying to cause problems. No proof=not being taken seriously in these forums. As simple as that. At least those of us who are speculating, say so. We're all just trying to derive some theories from the little bit of evidence that we have so far. It's fun and it keeps us entertained and salivating until REAL evidence breaks.

We should have some new news soon more than likely. Until then, we're all just speculating. I can totally see your issue with a post like that, however.

18. Markdental

Markdental Well-Known Member

I would also like to know about the Multi-touch features. In the browser, etc..

Also, the voice commands in ALL apps, is that definite?

19. harsaphes

harsaphes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The reason i didn't specify which phone it is..is that I dont know if there are two phones or they are the same...so, which ever one I see I will report on.

20. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

So the question is, are you seeing it at Google or a Google's person's place or somewhere that has nothing to do with Google?

21. trk

trk Active Member

Ya know, your probably one of the most level headed and concise, and now generous people on any of these forums hahahaha. We all say a big thanks in advance

22. Rix

Rix Banned

OK, here's something you need to report on. Speech recognition. That's the big new thing about this phone. How well does it work? Can it be used to browse the phone and commands (such as saying "Call Ben" and so it calls him), or is it only used for speech to text? Is speech technology integrated into the whole phone interface?

23. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

You can voice dial on any Android phone. Albeit its slow and lousy.

Voice to text currently available in handcent for SMS. Much quicker and more accurate than voice dial.

Voice search obviously.

I just dont see the speech to text as such a great feature unless they've DRASTICALLY cut down on the startup/loading/processing time.

24. Markdental

Markdental Well-Known Member

Agreed, and after having heard that Multi-touch is not incorporated, my excitement for this phone is waning.

It looks like I will be waiting for the Bravo/Passion with Sense so we can have the Multi-touch and awesome UI experience that Android is meant to be. Really goes to show how amazing HTC is with their Sense additions.

I guess I am hoping to have the Droid Eris, but with a bigger screen and faster processor. Is that too much to ask for??? :)

25. elementfire180

elementfire180 Well-Known Member

I don't think it to much to ask! I like the styling of the Eris, its just a little to small and a little so slow. lol.

I see that you also have the S1. Would you like nothing more than to get the Bravo/Passion/Nexus One, then turn your storm into a Frisbee? i know i would!