I'm SO confused about this OCing bijnich!

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 14, 2009
    Then I have to pick a ROM I like that supports OCing?
    I just got the damned thing the way I want! -But I want to OC.
    So is there a way I can OC my Droid the way it is?

2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Yes, you just need to flash the OC kernel and get the setcpu app, no need to change rom's. Just pick the oc speed you want at alldroid and follow the directions. If you want a easier way to do it then you can get a program for your pc at droidforums but you have to have ADB installed for it to work.
  3. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I was confused too and it took me a little bit to figure out how to do it. What I did was run this from tasmanian_droid. Go to the bottom of the first post and get the newest release. Now if you don't have it already you have to get the android sdk, that has the adb shell tool. You will also need to install the usb driver, here's how. Now copy the image file of your choice and the flash_image file that came with rooting tools to the Droids sdcard. Now reboot into recovery and make a nandroid backup if you haven't already. Then mount /system and /sdcard from the recovery menu. After that plug your droid into the computer and make sure the new driver installs. Now to open a cmd window go to all programs and accessories and open command prompt. You will need to change directory to where you extracted the android sdk, say if its on the desktop it would be
    Code (Text):
    1. cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/tools
    Then run these commands replacing boot.img with the name of the img you chose.
    Code (Text):
    1. adb shell
    2. /sdcard/flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
    Should only take a few seconds and finish with no errors. reboot the phone and get setCPU from the market. In setCPU select auto detect and select your clock speed. If you have problems with wifi you just need to replace a file like it says on the post at alldroid so let me know if you need help with that.
  4. Kirch21

Kirch21 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Get bugless beast rom! all done for you just install the nandroid or the update.zip if your rooted and know nandroid and recovery