• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm SO confused about this OCing bijnich!

I was confused too and it took me a little bit to figure out how to do it. What I did was run this from tasmanian_droid. Go to the bottom of the first post and get the newest release. Now if you don't have it already you have to get the android sdk, that has the adb shell tool. You will also need to install the usb driver, here's how. Now copy the image file of your choice and the flash_image file that came with rooting tools to the Droids sdcard. Now reboot into recovery and make a nandroid backup if you haven't already. Then mount /system and /sdcard from the recovery menu. After that plug your droid into the computer and make sure the new driver installs. Now to open a cmd window go to all programs and accessories and open command prompt. You will need to change directory to where you extracted the android sdk, say if its on the desktop it would be
Code:
cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/tools
Then run these commands replacing boot.img with the name of the img you chose.
Code:
adb shell
/sdcard/flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
Should only take a few seconds and finish with no errors. reboot the phone and get setCPU from the market. In setCPU select auto detect and select your clock speed. If you have problems with wifi you just need to replace a file like it says on the post at alldroid so let me know if you need help with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones