Im so damn confused!

Last Updated:

1. M_T_L

M_T_L Member This Topic's Starter

So im sitting here trying to get my phone back to the ay it came out of the box. Now I rooted it a month or so back and cant remember how I did it. So Im reading along and doing all these methods and not one of them seemed to work for me.

I think I am making some progress though. Before I used to have an app called super user. In the midst of all these things I was doing it is now gone. I formatted the sd card and put the factory original backup back on there.

But now I go to update (to 3.29.651.5) and it wont let me. When I click on the update it says it going to restart and then it takes me to the recovery screen saying that It has been aborted. It says.....

Build : RA-evo-v1.7.0.2
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: No signaure (206 files)
    E: Verification failed
    Installation aborted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q2ioZyhcRQ

So what did I screw up. Jailbreaking my iphone never seemed to be nearly this tedious and I feel like I don't have the computer smarts to figure this one out.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Advertisement
  2. M_T_L

I just realized this is my first post too. HAHA I guess I'm normally just a lurker.

3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Check out the thread rooting for dummies + extras... there is a step by step walkthrough on how to unroot. Its super easy and should do the trick.

4. M_T_L

5. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

That's because you are still rooted and have a custom recovery. Follow the guide in the thread I told you to check out. It's simple and will unroot you. Then once you are uprooted you can accept the update.

6. M_T_L

Ok did that and it seemed to work partially. I can get the S-On part but when I transfer the pc36img over it does not recognize it. Now I found another pc36img on my computer that I was using from when I rooted it and it seem to be recognized. Is there a difference between the image in the tutorial and the image that I used when I initially rooted?

7. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

If you have more than one pc36img in the same folder windows might have renamed it pc36img(2) my computer did that on me. Make sure the name is correct