I'm so disappointed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. qcom

qcom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow.. I mean I just don't know what to say. Would someone be able to like take Apple's clean, polished, streamlined, elegant, well-though-out, stable OS and merge it with Google's open, powerful, customizable, robust, fun OS into one amazingly BOSS OS?

Well, I have to say, and I'm really sad but really happy at the same time, I'm going back to my 3GS..

It's just...

Well..

OK, I love pretty much EVERYTHING Android has going for it, ON PAPER!!

The specs, the features, everything SOUNDS great.

Yet, here is where my main problem is..

THE BUGS!!!!!

The incessant lag, the constant non-registering of my swipes and taps across that gorgeous AMOLED screen.

OK, and how about the screen itself, GARBAGE! Of course it looks good, when nothing is touching it, in a well-lit environment, when you're running with the cord plugged in so it's charging.. Otherwise, it drains 69% of my battery, so it's done in like 5 hours! And that's usually with bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi turned off, AND AND AND the screen is on its lowest setting.

That gets me to another one of my least favorite features, the BATTERY LIFE! It's absolutely and utterly ATROCIOUS!! Oh wait! I can remove it and replace it for a SECOND one that costs like $25 or something like that, OR I can use the standard Apple battery that works just fine with all of the great wireless features and display options turned ALL THE WAY up, and it lasts about the same as the N1's battery on TWO full battery charges.

Oh wait, lets move on to the next topic, Froyo! Oh boy, was I excited when I did that manual update (that worked quite well btw :D) I was sooo excited for all of it's new features. Once again, all of those things were peaches and cream (reference, huh, huh?) ON PAPER! Until I sat down with the actual piece of trash and realized that it won't register my "swipe to unlock" or whatever 60% of the time! Is that what I paid nearly $600 dollars for? Is that why I wasted all of that money?

Flash, oh yeah, when that works (roughly 8.72% of the time) that sure is nice!

How about that performance speed! When I load up the browser (registering at about maybe 45% of the time) and then I'm finally excited I can see my previous page that I had loaded, I see that it was still loading that page from like 35 minutes ago! Oh joy! Then I proceed to sit there watching it, and then later give up like 3 minutes later, when maybe the header of the web page had loaded! Robust, eh?

Hm, what else? Moving backgrounds are actually a plus! Oh yeah that's right, a plus! They actually don't drain like over half of my batter life..

Ugh, another massive downside to the whole Android aspect is the gaming situation. Honestly, I believe the hardware, OS and everything else Android embodies is perfectly Capable of playing games on par and perhaps even far surpassing the quality of games present on the iPhones today, HOWEVER..

The developers.

Apparently they have something else in mind!

If they were pushing Android like they were the iPhone, I believe the gaming situation wouldn't be so horrendous. Coming from the iPhone at least, I believe the games on Android really don't compare and aren't on the same level AT ALL!

Now, please don't pass this off as just me flaming about how I hate my N1, Android and Google themselves. I actually love the latter, just not so sure Android is right for me, CURRENTLY!

Android is young, and developing fast, and I honestly love the OS! There are just some major flaws (in my opinion of course) that I believe exist after living with all three past iPhones (non iPhone 4) that just deter me from making a near $600 purchase like the Nexus One.

I honestly couldn't ever see myself ever purchasing (as I may switch back after Android has developed for a while) a "non-Google" produced and supported phone because Google, obviously, supports it 100%.

I will edit this post about some of the things I absolutely love about the phone and Android later, I'm tired of typing my rant.

Also, I Do NOT, absolutely do NOT support being coddled by Apple, and I plan on using the most open applications and features supported by the iPhone 4 that I will be getting as soon as I return my Nexus One. I just believe the phone suits ME better than my N1.

Once again, please don't dismiss this post as just a lame flame post, I mainly would like to help people out who had or have to make the decision that I did (deciding between the iPhone 4 or the N1, and I would like to help guide them after being a hardcore, devoted Apple iPhone fanboy for the previous three iPhone iterations.

Thanks to everyone at this forum again! :D

Advertisement
  2. evo046

evo046 Member

Yes, I think it might be best to for you to go back to the iPhone. Just don't grip it too hard.

3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, troll.

Yeah, icon grids are really elegant, aren't they?

User error. My N1 lasts ten hours under extremely heavy use. Twenty-two hours under normal use. Not that I expected any less from an Apple sheep, though.

What, did you do extensive testing to arrive at that figure? I doubt it. Sorry, a percentage pulled out of your nether orifice isn't valid. Flash is fine, cupcake.

Your entire post sounds incredibly petulant. I can't help but imagine a little girl stomping her feet while shrieking all this at the top of her voice and screaming for mommy. Grown-ups really should be able to articulate themselves better.

4. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

You are either a troll or have a seriously defective N1.

5. qcom

Was actually referring to the fact that there isn't a motley assortment of UI elements that don't even remotely resemble each other. I actually prefer unity across my device, you may get that with Gingerbread, sweetie. Although, I really love my N1's homescreen, if you actually took the time to read my whole post, you may have realized that I wasn't just trolling Android in favor of iOS. I like Android's homescreen 1,000 times better when I can use it smoothly like my iPhone's.

User error? More like manufacturer error. I apologize if I want to use my screen as advertised. But boy has the iPhone 4 been getting some MASSIVE manufacturer problems on this rollout, definitely a bad one for them, and their worst in a long time! Once again, not a blind follower.

Actually yeah, pretty much, I realized that my flash only worked 1 out of 10 times and stretched the truth slightly (oh no, I'm sooo bad!) in my favor and added a bit of humor, to make my post not seem to bear a petulant air, I just didn't know that we couldn't have fun over here!

Actually I believe I've proven that my post wasn't petulant, at least if you read the whole thing, or even have half a brain to digest what I'm saying. By the way, it really is a shame, that I, not a grown-up, has to explain my post to an adult here, what is the world coming to these days?

6. qcom

No troll here, just someone wishing to express my opinion about MY experience with MY N1.

I think it's seriously possible that my device is defective, as I honestly get at least half of the batter life that grainysand referred to.

There's also a multitude of functions, such as the GPS, that will flat out not show me correct results.

Additionally, oftentimes, my N1 will just time out with normal everyday web pages.

So sad.

7. grainysand

Sorry, your post still sounds trollish as all out. It's the combination extreme shrillness, your drama-queen tone and an experience that doesn't match most people's, plus the insistence that your experience must be god's own truth and absolutely definitive. I constantly experiment with different ROMs, kernels, whatever--the cutting-edge stuff that pushes my Nexus beyond what it was intended for. Guess what? None of the stuff you've been complaining about happened to me. That's after overclocking, underclocking, and/or undervolting the phone. Webpages, even their full desktop versions, load without a hitch; Flash works fine; Froyo has made performance ridiculously fast, and so on and so forth. Maybe if you weren't so melodramatic, people might take you slightly seriously.

The funny thing is, I handled someone else's 3GS once. The battery was dropping by the second even while doing absolutely nothing on it. I had to adjust the brightness way down, but the battery drain kept going. And that was before multi-tasking became possible, so it wasn't like there were background processes running (the device wasn't jailbroken either). Ergo, I conclude that iPhones are battery-hungry pieces of shit that you can't do anything with because even just opening the browser appeared to drop battery by 5%. Then there's the charming checkered pattern while pages are loading, the inability to toggle wifi/data/GPS/BT on and off quickly and intuitively (hi Power Control widget), and an all-around dumb**** approach to user interface.

8. techdaring

techdaring Well-Known Member

Nexus One is king. Why won't you enjoy it ?

9. qcom

Ah well,

I guess I'm not getting anywhere with you, anyway, I'll be the adult here and apologize if my post was trollish (which I can totally tell why one would interpret it as such) and just let this go.

Anyway, I apologize also for my complaints about my device as obviously it's defective, if your assertions are correct.

I know, in addition to having a most likely defective device, I'm an Apple fanboy at heart! Proud to be as well.

Although, I don't agree with Apple and Jobs on everything and do feel like I'm slightly going back to prison :)

It's for me.

I will definitely check out Gingerbread later this year, but for now, off to ship back my N1, then wait for my white iPhone 4 and have some fun!

10. evo046

evo046 Member

Like I was saying.

11. grainysand

And now we've come to the crux of the matter.

12. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

reported post as:
    SPAM! FLAME BAIT! TROLL!

Admins/Mods please remove this thread and ban this SPAM! FLAME BAIT! TROLL!

13. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

3 things to say:

1. You either have a defective phone or don't have a clue how to use it or set it up properly.....

2. This is a troll-ish post - just relook at your post, honestly. There is barely a piece of it that actually makes sense. And if you ever took time to read people that post with problems on this forum, what you state as fact has very rarely if at all, been experienced by others.....

3. Don't slam the door on your way out :mad:

14. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

Hope you're not a lefty!

15. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

16. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

Made this a few weeks ago. Happy to put it to good use.

[​IMG]

17. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

OP, your problems are not to this phone, especially if you can't swipe to unlock. I suggest you take it back and get a new one as it is most surely a defective phone. Will close this thread now that the issue has been identified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.