I'm so done. Galaxy S7 not phone for me..General

Last Updated:

1. techsavvy01

techsavvy01 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hope the samsung president reads this. This phone is just not for me. #1 This phone's build material glass is so fragile. I rarely took s7 out of case and now I have pretty deep scratch on back of s7 unbelievable! I only put s7 on hard surface for a short amount time to take sd card out. Samsung next time use more durable material like metal on HTC. #2 Touchwiz is once again sluggish full of bloatware. Sure touchwiz has improved but its still not quite great because its still sluggish, bloatware, and a memory resource hog. Also my charger cable has tear! Come on are you kidding samsung?! Please use better durable material in your products including charger cables accessories etc. So now I'm tired of s7 plus it is a pain in ass to root. I did not have much difficulty rooting my previous phone HTC One M8. Don't get me wrong. The Galaxy S7 is a great phone but not perfect and not for me. I'm switching to HTC 10. Quick question, How do you transfer or backup sms samsung app texts to another phone like HTC?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. codezer0

codezer0 Well-Known Member

Sad thing is that the executive staff of these companies are basically sheltered in their own little bubble, with little, if any, view on the world outside their own shareholders' meetings.

I remember when Samsung was the go-to choice for a power user's phone for the Android platform. Now they and Google are going out of their way to copy the iPhone so hard in the name of fashion, that it's basically resulting in exploding phones within not even a month of release.

It's honestly distressing.

jivenene01 likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Get a phone where the manufacturer does support and makes it easy for rooting, something like Xiaomi, OnePlus, Oppo, Meizu, etc.

Guggy likes this.
  4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Tell Oppo to do something about TMOUS bands and I'll buy another.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Probably have to stick with whatever they sell then, Samsungs, HTCs and iPhones is it?

Guggy likes this.
  6. OrigSleuth

OrigSleuth Active Member

Speaking personally, and coming from a Windows Phone! I quite like the OnePlus 3. It recharges at a fantstic rate.

So far my experience with their Customer Service has been positive. My daughter bought a OnePlus 1 which (after 1½ years) developed a dead-spot on the screen. It is possible that a fall had something to do with it. OnePlus was prepared to take it back under warranty and look at it. Of course if it was caused by factors outside the warranty she would have to pay for the repairs and transportation. She opted for a replacement rather than repair.

I was sufficiently impressed enough to buy a OnePlus 3 when my 3 year old Nokia 920 started to show signs of time to die.

If it works for for you, give it a try.

Best regards
    Sleuth

Jfalls63 likes this.
  7. techsavvy01

techsavvy01 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Previously I owned HTC One M8 I should be satisfied with HTC 10. This video proves metal is superior to glass.

8. DCJ1975

DCJ1975 Member

I came from Apple at the first of the year. It was my first time ever with Android. As one would guess my first Android was a galaxy s7. Nice phone but to me by far the worst software interface I've ever experienced. Choppy and sticky are the best words to describe it. Why does Samsung insist on making an awesome Device but not use pure Android software? Then I tried the s7 edge. Lasted a week. I love everything that is superior of Samsung but what we all use the most is the software. I have since tried several other androids and found Motorola to be an awesome device and smooth interface. Had the Z Force until I dropped verizon and I decided to go with the Nexus 6p which I've found to really be identical to the Z Force with the exception of the mods of course and the beauty part half the cost! By far the 6p I've found through a bunch of trial and error to be one of the best devices out on the market and at its pricing.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  9. vickersg

vickersg Member

At a glance I can see you have not optimizes your phone in any way but we will blame Sammy for that my phone has never been in a case and is still mint you scratched your phone Sammy gets the blame again. I rooted mine in 10 minutes who gets the blame for your ineptitude?

10. Mystery_Flasher

Mystery_Flasher Well-Known Member

I would never be so quick to judge someone.. This is a flagship phone, so the expectations are never too high.

When it comes to backing up your SMS messages, I've used SMS Backup & Restore few times and been happy about it.

Hadron likes this.
  11. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

You'll find that, like Samsung, HTC have their own transfer tool, so as long as you don't sell the S7 before setting up the 10 you should just be able to use that to transfer messages between the two phones. I did this a few months back with someone who was upgrading to a HTC 10.

Otherwise yes, a third-party SMS backup app will do the job (install app to both phones, save the backup to SD, swap card between phones, restore backup).

Mystery_Flasher likes this.
  12. brianparry

brianparry Member

I can't disagree with you on build quality or the bloatware. I got a free S7 from work but probably wouldn't have chosen it all things considered. The screen and camera in particular are great, though.

13. codezer0

codezer0 Well-Known Member

Doesnt the s7 explode like the note 7 did, too? :eek:

14. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Nope, nor did the Note 7 to be accurate. A sizeable minority of the latter suffered chemical fires, it's true, but no other Samsung devices have been similarly affected.

15. MarvellousMarvin

MarvellousMarvin Member

Personally I'm using a Huawei P9 at the moment (free work phone) and I must admit I'm pretty impressed. It's got some great design and is pretty fully featured at much less cost than Samsung or Apple. Not that I paid for it, but just for comparison sake. I think these guys are going to do really well in the future. They'll move on from the 'cheap rip-off' thing and start making some great original phones, I think. Especially if the competition keeps stumbling.

16. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

They're doing pretty darn well right now. One of the world's Top 5 mobile manufacturers, #3 (iirc) Android OEM, and readily investing millions in both their own and joint R&D. Heck, they bought an entire chip fab business just so they could design and manufacture their own 'Kiron' SOC range in-house.

Huawei are serious players, make no mistake. The P9 shows just what is possible when you decide to go your own way rather than follow the herd. :D