• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] I'm stock on root stage

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm sorry, but your post isn't very clear to me. Is the problem that you don't have the rooting file on the phone? In that case just download it using the phone's browser (do not unzip it!) or copy from a computer to the phone via USB. You just need to know where it is on the phone so that you can install it from recovery (I assume you have successfully installed a custom recovery, as you need that to install the rooting file).

If that's not what you are saying could you give a more detailed explanation of what you have managed to do and what isn't working?

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Have you got the custom recovery installed? If you have we should be able to fix things from there.

Can you tell us exactly what you did up to this point? It sounds like you've messed up the ROM somehow, but any info that gives us a clue may help.

If the custom recovery isn't working then if the bootloader is unlocked you can still flash one.

If the bootloader is locked and you have no custom recovery then it's either factory reset or RUU (for the latter we'd need to know what network you got the device from, or what region if it's an unlocked model).

It's fixable one way or another, but more info will help us find the best way.

Upvote 0
YES I got the custom recovery installed and it still works, and yes I've messed up the ROM by wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition so i don't have any boot system right now if i turn on the phone by pushing the button it will stock on HTC sign . the bootloader is unlocked right now and S-ON

it's AT&T

Upvote 0
Wiping cache or doing a factory reset shouldn't have done that, so I guess you wiped the system (where ROM lives) or boot (kernel) as well.

So, your best bet is to pick a custom ROM, get it onto the phone then install it using recovery. You can do this either using ADB (put the phone into recovery then adb push the ROM .zip to /sdcard) or put it on a usb key, connect that to the phone using a USB OTG cable, then install from there (select install from recovery, then select usb storage as the source). Or you could try to install it from a computer over adb using adb sideload.

For an ATT phone you should be able to choose a ROM from here. You don't need to worry about rooting a custom ROM, because they come already rooted.

I know this is just an outline of the methods, so if there's anything you need to know just ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones