1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I'm Stupid-Rogers Magic 2.1 help

1. murray42

murray42 Member

So folks, I'm a moron and neglected to make a nandroid backup. I am running Rogers 2.1 update. I rooted (don't remember how) still run 6.35 radio and am on perfect spl. The Magic is my backup phone, I prefer my Dream running CM 6.1 2708 radio, so I was going to basically turn the Magic into a tablet for the babysitter, the missing SIM alert was getting annoying so I followed a thread somewhere, again I a moron and forgot to bookmark, and deleted Phone.apk. I have many excuses as to why I am so stupid so please don't lecture, normally I am smart but am sleep deprived now. Can Anyone direct me on how to recover Phone.apk from the 2.1 update?

Advertisement
    :
  2. XBrav

XBrav Well-Known Member

murray42 likes this.
  3. murray42

murray42 Member

I appreciate the assistance however it won't work it is unable to install. Sorry for the long delay, had health issues. But now am anxious to get this working, can anyone point me to the 2.1 Update from rogers or send me a copy of Phone.apk from the 2.1 upgrade?
  4. thor124

thor124 Well-Known Member

What's the exact error message?
    murray42 likes this.
  5. murray42

murray42 Member

I got it to copy now, had to remount partition RW, but now is stuck in airplane mode even after 2 reboots. Can bring up dialer but won't send call. When I hold power button to bring shutdown menu, rhw Airplane mode is greyed out and marked as On and when I go to Setting Wireless & NBetworks, I get FC "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again.
  6. murray42

murray42 Member

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I ended up just flashing GBRider_Cronos, Gingerbread seems pretty cool.

--
    Edit:

So far Gingerbread rocks, glad I updated, I do miss the friendstream, but TweetDeck will fill that gap until I find a stable Gingerbread Sense theme.