i'm sure this isn't supposed to happen...

Last Updated:

1. cyrilb319

cyrilb319 Member This Topic's Starter

before i rooted, when i plugged in my eris to the computer the screen popping up which had my choose either charge only, disk drive, or htc sync would pop up, however after i rooted that screen doesn't pop up, nor is it in the notification bar. the debugging mode notification still pops up though, and i have no idea what to do, help please!!

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

If the computer you're attaching the device to is asleep, or in hibernate or whatever, it'll only be seen by the device as a charging port; make sure the screen on the computer is up and visible first.

Some of ROMs have a version of the debugging utility that appears quite different and instead of offering "charge only" on a menu with the other choices, "disc drive," etc, defaults to charge only.. anything with 2.2 Froyo, etc.

The "disc drive" choice it there but it is not as obvious as in the 2.1 version.

You also may have a type of ROM that has the old mount command button once you drag down the notification bar. Click "mount" with the device plugged in to the USB port on your computer and you'll be good to go.

3. cyrilb319

Well, I'm running evileris3.0 so..yeah lol
    Another thing is I get a force close message whenever i press the connect to pc option in the settings, anyone know a fix for that? I think they're related

4. cyrilb319

double post...... but, i also rooted the phone using the new root hboot 1.49 method, maybe this has affected it, idk

5. Frisco

If I were getting force closes I'd just back up whatever I had in the ROM and start over; something is wrong and as early in the game as you are it might be best to just wipe and re-flash.

6. cyrilb319

thanks so much Frisco, the reflashing worked to get the charge only/diskdrive... thing back but there's another problem now, my computer is detecting that my phone's an adb device, but when i go to my command prompt, and do the whole
    cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    and then type
    adb devices
    it doesn't detect my phone

when i plug in my phone, my computer tries to search for a driver for "adb" and i've googled adb drivers for eris, but i couldn't find them, any help?

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

HTC Sync has the ADB drivers

8. Frisco

9. cyrilb319

i got it last night, thanks guys

my phone wasn't detected by htc sync, so that wasn't working

in the end, i had to insert some coding for the eris into something like winusb.inf which was in a usb_drivers folder in the sdk folder, and then it would be accepted as a driver for ADB, thank you for all your help though