I'm the 34th Pre-Order

Last Updated:

1. tysonmax

tysonmax Member This Topic's Starter

...at Best Buy. I signed up May 19th. Do you guys think Best Buy will get this many phones? I checked yesterday and they said they're up to 73 Pre-Orders. Should I brace myself for the 2nd shipment and waiting another week?

Advertisement
  2. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

From what I've been hearing, the preorders are filled first, which means they would get AT LEAST that many phones. It's the extra phones that get skimpy, but those numbers are based on how many preorders they got. More preorders = more 'extra' phones than a store with 2 preorders.

3. stevent76

stevent76 Member

The BB where i ordered mine said they have 60 preorders but only 40 coming. If I wasnt number 1 on the list, i would end up waiting at the sprint store in the morning and just cancel my preorder.

4. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd take 50 preorders and get 24 phones. The term "pre" means before, so to have you preorder, release date passes and have you wait for next shipment is a 'postorder'.

5. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

That's cockamamie

6. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Preorders before the 21st should have phones for you.

Don't take that as gospel, but that was what was floating around on here previously.

Call though - they should already have the phones in stock and can tell you.

7. tysonmax

This is the way I would think it would be handled, but the 2 Best Buy Mobile asc. explained they never guaranteed "X" amount of phones on June 4th. Needless to say I've called around to Radio Shack and it looks like they have 2 extras and are able to hold one for me if I go in and put $50 down.

Whattaya guys think?? No brainer?

8. tysonmax

Apparently they haven't received them yet :mad:..I just talked to them at 1:30pm

9. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

I confirmed with my store that preorders before the 21st would indeed be guaranteed a phone. He was probably speaking about his store only, I dunno. I preordered on the 19th, was #47 at mine.

10. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Why not, we had to put $50 down at Best Buy. You'd be screwed into a $50 GC at BB now though..I dont think that is refundable.

11. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

I preordered on the very second day, and I was #50... :)

I guess that's midtown New York City for ya.

12. fireburster

fireburster Active Member

both my local BB said it would be a month before they filled all the pre orders. They said they preordered way more then they got. They both laughed when i called to ask if i could get one without a preorder.

13. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

Same situation here. I was number 30 something on their list and they said they couldn't gurantee me one. They said they'd call on Thursday to let me know if they would have one for me. If I don't get a call I'll call them. Here's hoping.

Good news is they said they'd price match radio shack on the samsung moment I'm getting for my wife. Only $50 instead of $100.

14. Edricflo

Edricflo Well-Known Member

I signed up May 16th, I better get it! :)

15. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

16. tysonmax

Well...I went ahead and took the deal at Radio Shack. The only downside is that I don't get the $20 gift card they were giving out before. However, he gave me the Friday 7:30am activation time as a consolation. Works for me :)

17. wazzap1101

wazzap1101 Well-Known Member

do you think that there is a chance that you can get an evo at bestbuy the day of without a pre order?

18. tysonmax

At this point, probably not at Best Buy. They haven't stopped signing people up. You'd have better luck calling around to Radio Shack and Sam's Club to get the Pre-Order price. Or just get to a Sprint store early on Friday morning.