i'm thinking of buying a san franciscoSupport

Last Updated:

1. 1keynose

1keynose New Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys.

a new member who wants to get into android phones and i see this phone as a decent starter. i am toying between this and the wildfire. they both have their plus points from what i can see in reviews. the SF is a bargain price and has by far the better screen, the wildfire the better camera with flash and the htc build quality. does anyone have first hand experience with both phones and which would you recommend? also does the browser in the SF or wildfire support flash 10.1?

thanks and i look forward to being part of this forum.

paul

Advertisement
  2. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

I have first hand exeriece with both handsets.

The Wildfire does indeed have the much better camera, and the build quality is superb, on par with the Desire for looks and build quality.

The San Fran on the other hand has a much better screen, meaning its alot better for most things including games and web browsing. Be aware though that the new San Frans wont have the OLED screen, its being replaced by a TFT screen, so unless your lucky enough to get older stock you may get the TFT. I know the new white model has the TFT. Dont worry though reports are that the TFT is as good as the OLED!

Neither phone supports flash 10.1, I believe this is because of the lower processor speed not being supported.

Taking everything into consideration I would go for the San Fran, its by far the best phone around for the money, and I even know people who have sold top end handsets such as the Galaxy S for one. Dont get me wrong, the Wildfire is a decent handset, but the display resolution is a major handicap so Its just not worth paying the extra few quid for one now that the San Francisco is available for less,... unless of course build quality and the camera are the most important things to you.

Cheers

3. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member

Update:
    Orange have a sale on for the next 48Hrs. They have the San Francisco in White or standard Grey for just

MartinEvans likes this.
  4. MartinEvans

MartinEvans Member

cheers for that offer :)