im thjinking about getting an n1

Last Updated:

1. russlia1

russlia1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i have a droid but motorola sucks so im getting an n1, a few questions, 1.does the processor affect the speed of the accelorometer, im annoyed on how slow the droid was at turing my text screeen from portrait to landscape and i would like something faster.2. is there anyway to speed up an accelerometer sp?.3. i really like the sence ui is there anyway besides downloading a theme that i could hack that on to my n1. thanks in advance!!!!

Advertisement
  2. hotdogwater

hotdogwater Active Member

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

if you rooted the droid and overlclocked it, it would be a good deal faster...

4. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

Don't think about getting N1 - just GET IT!! :D There is NO compare to Droid, or to anything else, iphone, HD2 are nothing!! Once you put your hands on Nexus, you would not want anything else!! :)

Just get it, root it, and be free.........i used to have a TP2, and was drooling over HD2 since last year. Finally got both, HD2 and Nexus One...........after few minutes of playing with both, HD2 went strait back to T-Mo. :p

5. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member

Well, I am in a debate whether I should get it as well. I would get it right away likely but this touch issues worries me... a lot.
    Not just multi-touch.
    YouTube - Google Nexus One Touch Screen Problem #3
    I want it though but am very worried about this. Also, I have yet to hear a N1 user say "I love my touch screen". It uses touch screen sensors that are inferior to the ones used in the Droid/Milestone. But I don't want the Milestone either since it has a much slower processor and less RAM.
    So many pros/cons. Try the Droid Incredible. I am not in the US so... I will not.

6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

First of all, let's get this clear we do not have a parts list of both phones so we're just going to make comparisons assuming "all else is equal."

1. So you asked about the accelerometer, yes with a faster processor the information from the accelerometer will be quicker to allow the phone's OS to react. Whether it's a big difference, I do not know.

2. Assuming the accelerometer is not the bottleneck, OCing the processor would--in theory--allow the OS to react faster. But that comes at the cost of increased heat and shorter battery life; pick your poison.

3. Yes, the N1 will be able to load the HTC Desire's ROM after root and obtain SenseUI.

7. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

FYI, the Sense ROM is still very much Alpha & has flaws. It is not great at the moment as day-to-today ROM.

I would guess that it will improve once/if access to the specific kernel that HTC uses for the Desire (apparently, it is quite different to the N1), plus the production ROM off the Desire.

8. QrafTee

Yeah, although the Desire, Incredible, and Nexus One are similar devices, I thought as much. I'm sure it'll be perfected for the N1 considering the large community support behind it. It's a lot tougher to say the same for the Desire and Incredible.

9. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

no offense, but i'm SO sick of hearing about these multi touch issues! its so not a problem. even using pinch to zoom, even if the sensor switches touch points, the pinch to zoom cant tell the difference! works exactly the same regardless:D.

now if you are a huge gamer and you are concerned about that, then i totally understand. but if not, then pretend those touch issues dont even exist! cause they have no effect other than gaming with 3 or more touch points!

10. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i with you on that one!

11. Jhenson49698

Jhenson49698 Active Member

+1 :D

Have not had a single problem with multi touch. I've had my phone since early Feb. I will say this though..... It Rocks! Root is a must because it opens up so many more options.

12. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think people make to much out of the multi touch issues. I love this phone, its flat a pleasure to use and I am not looking back at all.

13. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member

I love this phone!

It's Google's device and getting straight OTA(Over The Air) updates directly from Google is a win for me!

Plus i like the metal feeling on this phone. Feels great in the hands. I would go for a N1!

14. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

I might be the lucky one, never had this kind of problem with my N1. :eek:

+1 :D

+1:cool:

Its in human nature!! If all is good and cool, it gets boring.......so lets try and find a "hole" in this so we can disscuss it. For now, Nexus One rocks!!! (sorry iphone and other crap users!):p At least for me.............:cool:

15. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member

Hm, so many of you seem to like it I will probably get it. It can't be to bad. If you all don't notice then, it probably is not that big of a deal.
    I have to order off of Ebay though... sad day.

16. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

If you need a specific app to find and notice an issue then is it really an issue?

I have had my N1 since January and when I use it it's fine. I only know about these "issues" because of this forum.

17. QrafTee

There is one specific app that shows the issue, the other "app" is a paint program.

It comes down to the chicken or the egg... of sort. Should a developer develop a complex high-quality app that the Nexus One can't handle knowing it is because of a hardware limitation or should they stick to developing apps without multi-touch gestures fearing that it will voted down because unsuspecting N1 users will think its the app/developer's fault?

18. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I think we'll just have to wait for Froyo and see what they can do with this.

I don't see how it can be a sensor issue if you place two fingers on it and the phone knows where they are? Sounds like a tracking issue to me which should be software interpretation?

Somebody will probably tell me I'm wrong..!

19. QrafTee

It knows where it is, but it loses track of it and gets confused when you cross the Y-axis or get too close to one another because the Clearpad2000 was never intended to handle gestures that precisely. This is why Synaptics' Clearpad3000 handle multiple inputs (up to 10, I believe)... though I doubt we're going to use 10 fingers on a smartphone--who knows? I believe developers say with better coding/drivers, the issue can be minimized, but not altogether eradicated.

MartinS likes this.
  20. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

The Nexus One ships to Canada so why through Ebay? Unless it's a lot cheaper? lol

21. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member

It uses Google Checkout and I no longer have a credit card so I use PayPal with a pre-paid as a backup so I can have instant transfers. Usually.