I'm trying not to hate my phone! Won't turn on. Again.Support

1. thepirategirl

thepirategirl New Member

I've had this phone, which I believe is a (Sprint) LG Optimus S (Android Market calls it a Sprint LGE LS670 when telling me I can't download Tiny Tower :p), for just under a year.

The phone randomly shuts itself off quite frequently. The only want to get it to turn back on is to pop the back cover off, pull the battery out, replace it and power it back on. I've also had issues with it not recognizing my SD card. Of course I've had to take it in to be manually reset (and can now do that myself) when the software caused it to hang.

My biggest problem right now, is that it will NOT turn on. I cannot get to a Sprint store at the moment, is there anything I can do? None of the buttons light up. If I plug it in (I've tried wall and via USB on my laptop), I will get a flashing LG and that's it. It SHOULD be fully charged. Does anyone have any advice? I need my damn phone, ugh. Next time, someone remind me to fully research the phone they tell me is free with a contract and a "really great deal".

Advertisement
    :
  2. ab30494

ab30494 Well-Known Member

could be a hardware prob. I would try to get it replaced.

The optimus S, isnt really a bad phone. I had mine for 1 1/2 years. I can't stand it stock, but i have a custom rom on it, makes it like a diff phone.
  3. droididol

droididol Active Member

Are you using the charger provided by Sprint? It sounds like your charger isn't providing enough power to the device. Yours may not be giving it enough juice- if you have access to another charger, I'd try that out. If that doesn't work, your device is probably defective, I'm afraid to say.