Image capture from video clip.Tips

1. ANM8

ANM8 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    can anyone tell me if the Z1 can capture stills from video clips, I have a Galaxy S3 at the mo that has this feature, but thinking of upgrading to a Z2 (prety much the same as Z1camera wise I think.) Cheers.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Affirmative.It saves images at a resolution of 1920x1080.
    El Presidente and ANM8 like this.
  3. psyxologos

psyxologos Well-Known Member

How do you do that?
  4. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

When you change from Photo to Video shooting mode alongside the Red Circle for Video is an icon of a camera. When you want to take a photo whilst shooting video you then simply tap on the icon of the camera and it takes the shot whilst still shooting the video.

Job done... :)
    psyxologos likes this.
  5. ANM8

ANM8 Well-Known Member

Sorry, my first post wasn't very clear, I meant can you capture photos from previously recorded video clips. With the GS3 there is a little camera icon when viewing a video clip that you tap to take a photo from that frame of the video..Cheers.
  6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Not with the default movie player.
    It only offers you the ability to trim or make slow mo to parts of the movie. It does not allow you an option to take a photo from the recorded material.
    However, you may be able to find this feature on Google Play in a different movie edit application.
    I can't help you with that though as I can not validate any software that does this for you.

Again, you can only take photos from a video whilst carrying out the recording and not after it is complete.
    ANM8 likes this.
  7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Sony have such an app themselves, Frame Grabber. It's a paid app but was offered to Xperia Z owners for free via the Sony Select app. A similar offer may well be available for other Sony handsets.
    ANM8 likes this.
  8. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

I don't think this App comes from the Sony camp.
    If you go to the developers web site and look at 'The About this web site' it states:-
    Nothing contained in this web site shall be interprited as a recommendation and/or endorsement by SONY etc etc.
    The very fact this is a paid App points it away from Sony.
    All the other photo apps that come from Sony have the name Sony Corporation and not Sony Digital Network Applications Inc in the title name. That and they are all free.
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It's a very big camp. :)

SNDA is a fully-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.