1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Image clarity/resolution.Support

1. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, Been lurking a while and decided to join up today! Reason being is a have a nagging issue with images being blurry/pixelated, I don't know if its just me but images in the standard browser/Chrome/Facebook/Flipboard just seem to be really grainy.

Example..Right now I'm looking at the 4 x 2 Facebook widget, And the profile photos that show up look extremely blurry.. Same goes for when using the actual FB app, Images which I have taken myself which are high quality appear grainy, Also goes for images on the browser, They just seem so distorted especially when zoomed in, I even was looking at HD pictures that I know are HD by viewing them on my laptop but when viewed from my S3 appear grainy and distorted..

Not to sound like a fanboy/n00B or anything 'cause I love this phone, But this issue didn't occur on my iPhone 4, I would think this being so much more advanced images would appear crisp.. May I add this only happens on images which require internet to be viewed, All other images/photos display perfectly fine. Could there be some setting I've not checked? Some image quality option somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

I think it is the low resolution widget and photo that is causing it to look bad. The S3 does not have the resolution of my iPhone 4S but it is darn good
  3. Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012 New Member

Hello there

Did you ever find a resolution to the blurred and distorted images? I am on orange and having the same problems. I am now on my second phone and sim card but still the same and it is driving me mad. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
  4. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

Silly question, but you guys don't have an Antiglare SP installed do you. That can affect the quality of the image displayed. Or if its images that are pulled from other sources they may be converting it to a size that distorts the image.