• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Image Clip with S-Pen isn't so seamless

Palmetto Fellow

Android Expert
Sep 24, 2010
SC
I've got 5 images that I want to quickly crop and post on imgur, but I can't seem to do it. Looks like I'll have to "edit" them with the crop tool.

Here's what I did:

I used the S-Pen and chose image clip. Then, I drew my square around the part I wanted, and my only options are to save in scrapbook or share. I can't save it to the gallery. So I choose "share" and select the imgur logo from the options, and when imgur opens, the image isn't preloaded. Instead, I have to drill into my phone and choose the image. The thing is...I don't know what the image clip is stored. I do get a message that it was copied to the clipboard, but don't know how to access that.

The other method I tried was to save to scrapbook. However, I can’t find the scrapbook in the gallery selections. There’s a separate app for scrapbook, and the images in the scrapbook aren’t found with the imgur app. I tried to copy and paste the images from the scrapbook into the gallery, but that doesn’t work. I can only copy them to other folders within the scrapbook. I also can’t export them to the gallery, only able to export them to other parts of the scrapbook.

I really thought this would be much easier. If I have an image in my gallery, and I click on share, it’s preloaded into imgur for me. I really thought I could pull off the same thing with an image clip.

Any tips on making this workflow more friendly?

Yeah it's not perfect. I find the easiest way is pull up the pop up window, choose screen write, then manually crop it and select the tick to save it. This way it saves in your gallery as normal (under screenshot), with the part selected that you want.

To do it the way you want, you need to open up scrapbook, then choose the images you want to save to gallery. Yeah its fiddly and unnecessary. Shame because smart select /image clip is a great touch. I guess this way is designed for saving a bunch of images at a time, whereas the first met his is better for a single image

Reactions: tmbrwlf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones