Image stabilization for cameraSupport

Last Updated:

1. Curly

Curly Member This Topic's Starter

I know the phone does not come with any Image stabilization and I am wondering if there is a downloadable add on to the camera app or if in the future HTC/Verizon/Android plans on releasing an update for this very reason?

P.S. I can safely say that I was very impressed with the specs when I saw them initially, but unfortunately I did not realize that the darn thing did not come with any image stabilization. Makes the camera almost useless. I took better pics with my Blackberry with a 3.2 MP cam before I upgraded to the Incredible. I am just floored that they decided not to incorporate that simple option when including such a high spec camera built in to the device.

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

+1 for this

I came from my Samsung Omnia, and I really miss the following from the Camera side...

1) Camera stabilization that actually works
    2) 2 stage camera button using the track pad (push/release)
    3) App that allows 360 rotation on all apps that allow rotation.
    4) Decent Panoramic camera app (like the Omnia on-screen Stitching)
    5) Decent burst mode that works well and can choose how many shots it takes and time in between shots.

If any of these can be made possible on my Dinc, I defo would be willing to Donate some.

3. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

+ another

4. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

Camera 360 Pro supports this.... but it's $4.00

5. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

This is true, but its horrible image stabilization, I want one like on my old Omnia, one that actually works

6. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The idea of software-based image stabilization makes me laugh.

Since it's actually impossible to truly stabilize an image digitally, they must either be cropping the image and shifting it to provide some simulation of stability (which will only be partially effective and only really works for video) or having a mode where they shorten the shutter speed - at whatever cost to the photo - and calling it stabilization.

Shorten your shutter speed. That'll "stabilize" things.