Image/Wallpaper Editor on-Droid?

Last Updated:

1. Space Mountain

Space Mountain Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello fellow Droiders. I know this question may have been asked but I searched and searched and could't find. Is there an image/wallpaper editor that you can get from the market for free, that can resize resolution on the phone to make wallpapers? Any help? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. lobe50

lobe50 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I am thinking the same thing or not....

I don't like the way we are linited to the editing of our pics to fit the wallpaper???

It seems the pics I take from the camera are too big for the wallpaper, and it pulls up like a cropping screen to crop the pic, but you are very limited.
    Is there a way to fit the pics to the wallpaper better???
    It seemed my BB Storm edited the pics automatically and they fit the screen perfect all the time???
    Thanks

3. landis73

landis73 Active Member

For an image editor, there is photoshop.com mobile. However the app stays running in the background all the time. Not sure if there is something better.

Regarding wallpaper sizes, there is some detail regarding that in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/android-themes/13071-motorola-droid-wallpaper.html

I don't currently know of a app that will do an automatic resize (hopefully without pixelation). I'm still researching at this point.

4. MK19

MK19 Member

I too find this to be an issue. I have tried using every dimension photo, only to find that it wants to resize it smaller it seems. What's the deal?

5. MK19

MK19 Member

Anyone???

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I believe the native the screen's dimensions are 960x854. A photo that size will have 1:1 pixel mapping. I've used pics much smaller 500 x 350, and not be in proper format (e.g. 16:9, 5x4, etc), and when I added the pic, it stretched to fit. It will also open the "crop" so your pic, or as much of it that it can, will fit, if its too big.

I've used Microsoft Picture Manager, part of Office '07, and it seems much easier to edit than previous versions. Doing any editing on the phone may be kinda hard...I'd stick to whatever's there as it does a decent job with too large/small pics.