Images and videos "upside down"

1. alexs77

alexs77 Member

Hello!

I've noticed, that images and videos are "upside down", depending on how I held the Nexus S (CyanogenMod 7.0.2, Android 2.3.3) when I took the pic or vid.

For example, check out the attached pictures (thumbnails show already nicely the issue…) and also these URLs to short sample movies (a few seconds, ~2 MB):

I also have pictures which are "on their side", eg.:

The last one (from api.ge.tt, ie. ge.tt) is on its side, when I view it in Firefox 5 on OSX.

The videos are also on their side, when I view them with mplayer on Linux. As the problem seems so widespread, I would say it's *NOT* related to the image / video viewer used (since it's on multiple OS with multiple programs). I know that not all programs exhibit those problems.

I wonder: Am I the only one with this problem? Or do other people also have this problem?

I'm using CM 7.0.2 w/ Android 2.3.3 and took the images/videos with the plain Camera app supplied by google.

Thanks,
    Alexander

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Your accelerometer could be bad. If you open an app like the browser, and turn the phone in every direction, does the screen switch with it?
  3. alexs77

alexs77 Member

sitlet,

hm, I don't think that the accelerometer is bad. When I turn the phone while in the Camera app, the thumbnail image on the lower right hand side (or upper right hand side, depending on whether it's in portrait or landcape mode) also turns and turns so, that it's correctly turned. Please see images on Android Accelerometer bad? - Minus or attached. Also in the browser or any other app, it's working just fine.

I'm curious: Can you reproduce the problem?

Alexander

Attached Files: