• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Images in Word Documents - QuickOffice Pro HD

Hi people,

I download QuickOffice Pro HD (but went for a refund) because it doesn't display certain images in word documents!!

I wasn't aware about this. Does anyone know if this is an issue or if there is a fix for this?

I am looking for a nice office app that will let me open / edit (and also may be create) office documents (both doc/xls/ppt as well as docx/xlsx/ppts formats).

I was told that quickoffice pro hd is the best out there, but I saw that it doesn't open certain images inserted in word documents (both doc and
docx). Also, the formating wasn't the same when I opened a .docx file. The words or letters were fused together in some places - for example, I had SP and SR in the original .docx file - but when opening in quickoffice pro, the SP or SR were fused together with no space between S and P or S and R....

If this is an issue, is there any other office app that is good enough for my needs? I have seen OfficeSuite Pro 5 - does anyone have experience with this and will it display all documents (and images inside) properly?

Thanks in advance... I hope to get some suggestions soon as I'm in urgent need of an office app on my TF Prime.

Cheers

Sorry, I do not work with images in my doc files so I cannot answer you. Hopefully somebody with that specific experience will be able to answer your question. FWIW, I have ThinkFree on my Android. I have been testing and using various word processing apps (including QuickOffice and Documents to Go) since my Palm Pilot days. I have learned to accept that you cannot expect a $5 - $15 app on a pda/phone/tablet to do the same things as a $150 -$300 piece of Microsoft software on a PC. There will always be some missing feature or compromised functionality. If you want to be able to use all the features and functions of MS Word, you may need a laptop. It does surprise me that after 15 years, Microsoft still ignores these other platforms and allows third party developers to develop office compatible software. I guess MS still hopes to push sales of Microsoft phones/tablets.

Upvote 0
Actually, when I had Windows Mobile, there was SoftMaker Office. That was the ultimate Office suite in the mobile world; MS Office Mobile was pure garbage. Way better than QuickOffice, Docs2Go, Mobile Office (but at a premium which I think was well worth it at the time). Basically, you had full functionality as its desktop counterpart.

I wasn't too thrilled when I learned Android didn't have something quite as powerful in that department. It looks like SoftMaker is starting to roll out the public beta as they recently got a forum up for public beta testers.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I do not work with images in my doc files so I cannot answer you. Hopefully somebody with that specific experience will be able to answer your question. FWIW, I have ThinkFree on my Android. I have been testing and using various word processing apps (including QuickOffice and Documents to Go) since my Palm Pilot days. I have learned to accept that you cannot expect a $5 - $15 app on a pda/phone/tablet to do the same things as a $150 -$300 piece of Microsoft software on a PC. There will always be some missing feature or compromised functionality. If you want to be able to use all the features and functions of MS Word, you may need a laptop. It does surprise me that after 15 years, Microsoft still ignores these other platforms and allows third party developers to develop office compatible software. I guess MS still hopes to push sales of Microsoft phones/tablets.

Thanks for the messages.

Well, I agree with you and of course I am aware that these app's can't be expected to do what MS Office does :)

Still, I went it for QO Pro HD simply because it was widely recommended and I thought it'd be good enough. But then I checked with a few docx files and I realized the images aren't displayed properly neither were the text formating maintained. I was quiet surprised because all the reviews / user opinions says otherwise. I did check with different documents.

I opened the same documents in the built in Polaris (I'm on TF Prime) and the documents opens perfectly fine, with the formating fine as well as displaying *all* images in the docx file!

I have been looking at OfficeSuite Pro 5 as well as DocsToGo since morning trying to read around.. and I still haven't made up my mind neither has an app managed to convince me to go for it yet! Let's see

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones